she clearly doesn't understand her position ~ leonardo

solange - binz

my body's alarm clock wakes me up at the crack of dawn, and i gather my arms to hug niniola's sleeping form, but am met with an unfamiliar emptiness.

still not fully awake, i gather my thoughts and remember how shaken she looked after yesterday's less than enjoyable events. it was enjoyable to kill those bastards though.

very enjoyable, if i do say so myself.

regardless, she was shaken. i thought a cuddle and a kiss would be enough for her to get over it, but clearly not as i read the note left on the bedside table.

it cracks me up to think that she believes she can just leave just like that. sure enough, a small percentage of her things (what i assume to be the essentials) are gone.

is she stupid? does she enjoy making me fucking angry?

her note works to put me in an even fouler mood than i was in yesterday. i saved her from the russians and this is how she decides to repay me? ungrateful bitch.

i get dressed in my usual tailored suit, kissing my teeth grimly as i notice the lack of presence in the apartment.

FUCK.

you see, i don't let women affect me. the majority of them are the same; they're always after money, power, status. then again, the same applies to the men i work with.

but nini, she did something. and i'm not going to fucking let her just up and go whenever she feels like it. i'm clearly not making myself clear with where the power lies between us.

i pick my black lamborghini to complement the outfit i have on, another completely ridiculous privilege of my life. for someone as intelligent as nini, i notice she doesn't ask a lot of questions.

i drive the 15 minute drive, and am immediately greeted by my men at the front door. the office was the picture of luxury, but the dark connections to my underground business taint it slightly.

"good morning, boss." they say, sternly.

i don't bother to reply, but they are accustomed to that.

"get me niniola. now." i say, with no room for no's. immediately, they rush to the department which deals in information, to get some leads.

still, i can't help but tear a piece into one assistant who was wearing nini's perfume.

"why do you smell like that?" i ask, in my usual, booming voice.

"i- it's the Chanel Love Galore perfume, sir." she stutters the words out.

"you're fired. get out of my fucking office, with your disgusting attempt to copy my love." i say, sternly.

she begins stuttering apologies; the rational part of me can acknowledge that i was being unreasonable, but the rationale in me has completely vanished.

i'm deep within my thoughts, when a knock sounds from the door. it's clear that word of my mood today has got round, visible through the man's trembling knees.

"s- sir, i am so sorry to disturb you. however, there are dogs sniffing around after the attack on the russian's stronghold. what should we do?" he asks, still nervous.

i can tell he's frightened, but i have no room for frightened here.

instead, i ask, "where's niniola?"

he gulps, "we haven't quite managed to pinpoint her exact location, but she has moved to northern ireland."

northern ireland? interesting, nini. really interesting.