captivity x niniola

wizkid feat temz - essence

"say i wanna leave you in the morning, but i need you now, yeah, yeah"

i locate my clothing in my room, then scramble to put them all on. feeling slightly disorientated, i stretch my arms out just right and hear a nice click.

i tie my hair into a cute messy bun and apply some leave in conditioner, seal with my favourite oil and let that seep in.

i walk in on leo making breakfast, with buttered toast and eggs already prepared. he's always known his way around the kitchen, so i wasn't surprised that it smelt and looked so heavenly.

he had his hair in a cute little manbun and was moving with such skill around the kitchen; it was really fucking hot.

he notices me looking at him and sends me a smug smile, probably pleased with the marks he left on me. 

cautiously, i send him a little wave and flash my teeth ever so slightly. 

"morning, nini. sleep well?" he says, with the biggest smirk?

nodding sarcastically, i take a seat on the kitchen island and watch him in his element. despite knowing my eyes are on him, he continues to move with such a natural flow.

"they're done, i'll start plating. you can relax, whilst i wrap up." he says, so sweetly. i look at him and can't help but smile at his romantic antics.

he finishes plating everything up, and brings in a beautiful masterpiece of a dish and places it in front of me.

then, he cuts everything up into bite-sized pieces and i swear i feel like a little princess. i give him a side-eye, wondering what he was up to.

"what?" he inquires, innocently.

"nothing, thank you for the food." i respond, still holding onto my suspicions. 

i tuck in and notice he doesn't have his eyes on me, as usual. he seems to be on his phone, nd keeps checking it. it's out of character for him.

i finish the plate quickly, then go to wash it. he lightly pushes me aside and tells me that he'll take care of it. 

curiosity taking the better of me, i head towards the door whilst he's at the sink and am immediately confused.

the window i opened last night was no longer open, it almost looked like it was force shut. there was some sort of metal contraption holding it down.

i wrap my hand around the doorknob, then feel leo behind my back. he lets his hand settle on my lower back and guides me back into the living room. 

the suspicion was rising to an undeniable level, so i had to decipher what was going wrong.

"nini, could we talk?" he says, confidently. he knew i knew something was wrong.

"sure.." i say, with a hint of uncertainty. 

impatient and unable to wait any longer, i ask, "what have you done?"

"it's not a big deal, i told your work that you could no longer come in due to a personal reason. they were sad to see you go and wished you all the best." he says, trying to hold that all so familiar asymmetrical smirk back.

"that's not it. there's something else you're not telling me." i say, completely certain. he knew i hated working that job, so i wouldn't be upset to quit.

the only issue would be paying bills, rent and building my investment profile. i've been working on it consistently for a few years, but i still need a consistent stream of income for my long-term investments.

"we're going to be spending a long time together, considering that i've locked every single door, window and possible escape route in this apartment." he says, finally admitting it.

"YOU DID WHAT?" i scream, incredulously. 

i've had it. i've actually had it. i let out a loud, frustrated scream and start tearing shit up. i throw down all the vases, situated on top of the tv stand and open the cupboards.

filled with anger, i smash every single plate and ceramic, then throw all of the contents on the counter to the floor. 

grabbing a large strand of the vase, i hold it between my fingers like i would with keys, as taught by a self defence class i used to take.

i hold it out and walk to a star-struck leo, who is still sitting in the same spot i left him in before the mass destruction.

i gesture to show that i will use the glass shard, and raise my eyebrows towards the door. i know i've gotten my point across.

he's mad. his face is completely calm and he's looking at me completely unfiltered. he's sitting with his fingers connected to each other and his face is relaxed.

he understands what i'm asking for.

"or what, nini? what will you do to me?" he asks, obviously thinking i won't do anything.

"if it wasn't fucking clear, i'll stab you right in your neck with this shard and watch you bleed out, you insane mf." i respond, with the same level of aggression he was showing me.

i'm not some pathetic bitch, i'm not gonna sit here with this deluded man and play family. fuck no.

"i'll count to 5." i say.

"1."

"2."

"3."

"4." at this point, he has not made a move and is almost daring me to challenge him.

"5." 

i run towards him with the shard and stab him right on the arm, trying to deal a painful wound. enough to stop him in his tracks at least.

seeing a large volume of blood flowing out of his forearm brings a smile to my face. his grin is even wider than mine is. 

he starts moving closer to me, but i'm faster and manage to avoid a brutal hit. i run to my room and use my jewellery box to shatter the window. 

peeking down, i realise how high i am. the fall would break some bones. 

hearing grunts coming closer and closer, i lock my door with the manual lock on the back and pray he doesn't have access to this door. 

i quickly tie up some clothing to form a rope, then tie one end around my bed frame. it's not long enough to get all the way down, but i still tie it and hope for the best.

it should hopefully prevent the fall from being too bad. i slip down the clothes and at around the second storey, i hop down.

i go down rolling, hoping to break the fall and manage to get away. i see leo through my window and we make eye contact. looking away instantly, i manage to hail a taxi.

unedited obv