he's not what i thought ~ niniola

solange - almeda
"black faith, still can't be washed away, not even in that florida water."

boy oh boy was i surprised by what my life has turned into now. it's almost ridiculous i actually used to have feelings for that monster.

i don't care if he's sexy, his attitude fucking stinks. i'll have him know that threatening someone's mother is not the way to someone's heart.

i don't know where he gets his thoughts from, mafia 101? chile, i probably would have come back if he just apologised or grovelled a little bit.

instead, i've been exposed to what leo is really like. pretending not to see his wide variety of exotic cars, his extensive collection of wine and designer, his ability to get anything he wants whenever, clearly didn't work out for me.

well, whatever. i'll use this as an opportunity to knock some sense into this guy, before he does anything to my mother.

i did actually quite enjoy travelling first class, a necessity otherwise i might have just imploded into a ball of stress.

i begin leaving the plane, taking careful steps in my airforces, making sure not to crease them. i prepare myself to go through all of the baggage claim, security checks and etc. but am greeted by a man in a suit.

"ma'am, please follow me to the car. boss has asked me to come collect you." he says, as though he's trying to avoid offence.

"i don't know any boss, sorry. you must have the wrong person, sir." i respond, even though i know this is probably leo's doing.

"ma'am, please cooperate. my life depends on how well i treat you today, i have children and a wife waiting at home." he says, pleadingly.

i almost giggle, but collect myself. i didn't actually think it was that deep, but i decide to follow his instructions. i nod towards him, then follow him.

we travel through the airport, with eyes on us as to why i have a massive security detail behind me. very unnecessary, if you ask me.

i revelled in the attention, and looked up to see a sleek, black sports car parked directly in front of the entrance. fabulous, i guess. i know what he's trying to do.

win me over with flashy things? not happening, leo.

regardless of my thoughts, i slide into the interior of the car, expecting to see leo. instead, i am greeted with more professionally dressed men.

"where are we going?" i ask, with a hint of authority. if they're this scared of what leo'll do if they do something wrong, might as well use it to my advantage.

"to yours and boss's apartment, ma'am." he replied, curtly.

i nod, then turn to the man who guided me from the plane and out. i tap his shoulder, and he flinches.

"y-y yes ma'am?" he asks.

"what is your name?" i ask, without giving anything away. he probably thinks i'm trying to report him, but i've actually warmed up to him.

"dean, ma'am." he replies quickly. i nod, yet again.

"call me nini, dean." i reply, with a smile. he lets out a sigh of relief, interrupted by a ringing sound from his phone.