Chapter 7: Dreams, Basketball and Divorce

WARNING- NOT EDITED!

I watched the bed cautiously as I worked through the door, on the bed Shawn sat cross-legged and rocked back and forth, with him hands on his knees. He would look exactly how I remembered except for his mangle neck, bent to the side almost entirely downwards. He looked me in the eyes agressively.

"You need to stop," he whispered, barely audibly.

"Stop what Shawn, tell me and I'll do anything for you," I begged him.

"It wasn't you Hazel," he spoke again, this time with more force.

"What wasn't me?" I pleaded.

"You didn't kill me Hazel, it was him don't let yourself be unhappy," he whispered again, this time his voice faded away and his figure faded away with it.

"Shawn!" I screamed out to him, but he had already gone.

I sat straight up in bed with a start, but before I could actually sit up properly I bumped heads with Declan who was straddling me.

"Ouch!" we both cried out in unison, rubbing our heads with our hands.

"And why exactly are you staddling me?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Trying to wake you up." Declan shrugged and kicked one leg off of me, rolling over to the other side of the bed.

"So why are you in my house again?" I asked him slowly, dragging out the last word of the sentence.

"You promised you would play basketball with me this morning, your mother let me in," Declan replied nonchalantly. "She wants to talk to you by the way, she told me to send you down as soon as I managed to tear you out of bed."

"I don't want to," I whinged, throwing the blanket back over my face.

 "You promised Hazel and if you don't get up and stand on two feet write now I'm going to introduce you to the tickle monster." I peeked out from under the blankets to see Declan holding up one hand, wiggling his finger around and smirking evily.

"No," I moaned and tossed the blanket back over my head.

"You asked for it." I felt him get on top of me again,straddling me. He rested most of his body on my lower body and tossed the blanket over me. I playfully screamed as I tried to push him off of me but he had me pinned with his entire body weight. He tickled my neck making me laugh uncontrollably and writhe around trying to stop him.

"No okay, I give in I'll get up!" he immediately stopped, but instead of jumping off of me to let me up like I thought he was going to do, he grabbed my hands and pinned them down, one on each side of my hand.

"What are you doing?" He didn't respond, instead he planted a kiss on my lips, it was just a peck but it took me by surprise.

"Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs." He jumped off of the bed and on to the ground, grinning at me broadly before exiting the room.

I lay in my bed for another couple of seconds thinking about what just happened. He'd kissed me again and this time I didn't want him to pull back, and that dreamed I'd had was it just my imagination trying to reassure myself or was Shawn trying to tell me something. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself all the time. My emotions were mixing together and suddenly I didn't know what I was feeling anymore.

I did what Declan told me and got out of bed, I put on a pair or baggy purple sweat pants and a loose fitting blue top which I tucked in to the sweat pants, I pulled the bottom of the top out so that it hung loose but was still tucked in to the pants. I pulled my hair into a neat bun using a donut sponge and pinned all the loose ends down so it didn't fall out during the intense basketball game. Lastly I pulled on a pair of gold and black adidas trainers and made my way downstairs.