Chapter 8

Me and my guest named Jung Hwan, were sitting on the bed, and next to each other. But now, he just silent, and lowered his head, without saying anything.

But if I see from the look on his face, it seems like there is indeed something he is thinking, and it makes him stressed, but I don't know what he's thinking. And I also didn't dare, to ask him, because it would be rude, especially considering we just met a few minutes ago.

"Actually, there is something i'm thinking about," he said, finally making his voice too.

"If you want to tell me, then go ahead. And I'll listen carefully," I said, looking at him from the side, and smiling.

"What would you do if you were forced to marry someone you didn't love at all?" he said, turning his head at me.

I immediately fell silent, after hearing what he just said. And it seems that he was forced to marry a girl, whom he didn't love, or rather, he had an arranged marriage.

"Sorry, but what do you mean is arranged marriage?" I asked, frowning.

"That's right," he replied, nodding his head, and looking away, "I mean arranged marriage" he continued.

I nodded my head, and looked forward, after hearing the answer, "Actually, in this modern era, arranged marriage still exists, and it often happens. In fact, not a few parents have plans, to arranged marriage their children" I said. Then I turned to him, and said, "But if I was the one who experienced that, then I would refuse, especially if I have to marry someone I don't love, that's a bad idea".

"Therefore, I reject it," he said, looking ahead, "Because I don't want to marry a girl, whom I don't love. Until finally, I was forced to leave my home country, so that the arranged marriage wouldn't happen" he continued.

"So, you fled to this country, to escape the arranged marriage?" I asked, looking at him from the side, and frowning.

"Right, but still after I live in this country, my parents continue to terrorize me and force me to accept the arranged marriage, they even say that they will no longer recognize me as their child, if I continue to reject the arranged marriage," he replied.

Hearing what he just said, made me feel sorry for him. I immediately rubbed his shoulder, and said, "I understand how you feel, Jung Hwan. You must be feeling so depressed, and also awry."

"Yes, that's what I'm feeling right now," he said, staring ahead, "And, would I be very sinful, if I continued to reject the arranged marriage?" he continued, turning his head at me.

I immediately fell silent for a moment, after hearing what he just said. Then I smiled, and rubbed his shoulder again, "I don't think so, you have the right to refuse anyway, and your parents can't force you, to marry someone you don't love. After all, marriage without love will be difficult and also heavy" I said.

"So, what I did is right?" he asked, and I immediately nodded my head, "But my parents keep calling me, and terrorizing me via text or phone" he continued, while turning his gaze forward.

"If I can suggest, you better change the SIM card, so that your parents can no longer contact you" I said, without taking my eyes off him.

He immediately turned to face me, and looked at me without saying anything, after hearing what I said. And it seems, he was thinking, and weighing what I said.

A few moments later, a smile began to etch on his face. Then he nodded his head, and said, "You're right! Why don't I just change the SIM card? That way, I'm free from my parents' terror".

Seeing a smile that finally etched on his handsome face, made me smile, and nodded my head, "Then, you can change your SIM card, so you can feel free" I said, rubbing his shoulder, "Then about the arranged marriage, you shouldn't need to keep thinking about it, because it will only make you feel more stressed, and also depressed. It's better, you live your day as usual. And I'm sure, gradually your parents will understand, with your decision" I continued.

A smile returned etched to his face, after hearing what I just said. Then he immediately pulled me into his embrace, so that it made me feel surprised, "Thank you Natta, you already want to listen to my heart, and give me advice. I feel lucky, to meet and be accompanied by you tonight. Because apparently, you are a good listener" he said.

I immediately hugged him back, and smile, "You're welcome, Jung Hwan, I'm glad to be able to listen to your outpouring, and I also feel happy, because I can meet you" I said, leaning my head, on his broad chest.