Chapter 4-Dragons

Today was the day of the first task. There was an arena set up for everyone to watch. Fred and George were walking around asking people to place their bets. Unsurprisingly, they were making loads of money. I gave in and placed in a galleon for Harry. I had more hope in him right now than ever.

Scanning the seats, I found Hermione, Ron, and Neville sitting in the row in front of the Weasley twins, Ginny, and Angelina Johnson. Hermione waved at me to sit with them, so I made my way over. "Hey guys." I sighed.

Cedric, Viktor, and Fluer all fought their dragons before Harry. Cedric used Transfiguration, Fluer used a sleeping charm and Victor attacked the eyes. When it was Harry's turn, all of Gryffindor house began clapping. There were boos coming from Slytherin and a few Hufflepuffs.

Harry seemed to be struggling at first. He was rolling around and at one point had to drag himself away from the dragon. Hermione shouted ,"Your wand Harry! Your wand!" Harry took his wand out and yelled "Accio Firebolt!" Immediately a broom came flying towards him. He mounted it and rode out of the arena, the dragon chasing him. Fred and George were clapping,"Yes-Well done dragon!!" they hollered after the dragon destroyed the teachers stand. I clapped as well. He might actually make it! "Am I going to get my galleon back?" I asked George. He shrugged,"We'll see."

The arena was empty for a while. People started losing hope and others became worried. Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny, and I were all confident in Harry's abilities, but that confidence began getting low. 20 minutes later, Harry flew back and grabbed the dragons egg. Hermione was practically about to cry,"Yes!! Yes!" she screamed.

Neville's pov:

There was a party in the Gryffindor common room after Harry got the egg. Everyone was super excited and clapped for him as he was showing it off. Even the paintings were clapping. Personally, I was just glad he came out alive, but I still clapped. Fred and George each took one of his legs and raised him up,"Yes Harry!" "We knew you wouldn't die." "Lose a leg-" "Or an arm-" "Packing it all together" "Never!"

I smiled and found y/n. She was also cheering for Harry. "This is great, isn't it?" she asked me. I nodded. The whole room suddenly went quiet. "Who wants me to open it?" Harry exclaimed. The room burst into cheers. "You want me to open it?""Yeah!" y/n shouted with everyone else. He opened the egg which let out a blood-curdling screech. I immediately put my hands over my ears as Harry tried closing it back up. "The bloody hell was that?" Ron asked. This is awkward. "Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in." Fred joked. People scattered around and began doing their own thing, but loads of others were listening in, including Hermione. I looked at y/n. She appeared glad to see Ron and Harry talking again, but didn't care to eavesdrop. "What do you suppose the next task will be?" she asked. I quickly tried to think of something that would make her laugh."Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with the screaming that came out of that egg." All she did was smile. Why am I like this?

a/n: apologies for making the chapters a little boring and short, the next one will talk about the yule ball :))