Chapter 9-Walk with Me

y/n pov

Ever since the bathroom incident, I've been staying close to Neville. Obviously, Malfoy has tried to torment him a few times, but I've managed to stop most of his advances. Most. Once I found him in the corridor dripping wet-Draco and his friends had poured gallons of water on him. He told me not to worry about it and that he was fine. I, however, was enraged. I found Draco in the library with Pansy and used a spell to make them both mute for 48 hours. It was honestly wonderful for everyone. They couldn't cast any spells or bother anyone with their obnoxious voices. Harry thanked me for it and made sure they could hear him.

I found myself in the greenhouses with Neville much more often these days. Professor Sprout loved his passion for plants and allowed him to use them for a few hours after classes were over. He would tell me about exotic plants he really wanted to see up close as he worked on other things. Sometimes I stared at him, thinking '...he's so pretty.' I wouldn't realize what I was doing until he asked me himself,"Uh, a-are you okay?"

He would also ask me for help some days, and so I often got my hands dirty. "Like this-," he demonstrated to me how to re-pot bouncing bulbs. Every attempt I did resulted in disaster. The bulb escaped and we had to chase after it around the greenhouse. I bumped into him and he kept apologizing profusely. It was adorable, he was such a delight to be around. If only I could get around to telling him how amazing he really was to me.