Chapter 2

Dominic POV

I really wish I wasn't leaving right now... I look out the window of the plane, watching the clouds as I listen to the playlist (Y/n) made me. I smile, remembering how she took my phone from my hand and wouldn't give it back till she was done.

I really am gonna miss her...

(Y/n) POV

I drift, laughing, feeling the warm sun on my skin and the wind on my face. "Woohoo!" I hear Ramiro yell and see him lift his hands in the air as he watches me.

I stop the car, and hop out, "That felt amazing," I yell. Nate comes up and hugs me, I hug back and laugh. "When do you wanna start heading back?" He asks after he pulls away. I pull out my phone and check the time, also seeing a text from Edwin.

"I don't think we're heading back anytime soon," I smile slyly showing him the text, he laughs. "Alright, let's go," He says and we hop in the car.

We start heading twords Newport Beach, where Edwin, an old racing friend, said there would be some drag races in this abandoned parking structure.

(There's gonna be a lot of back and forth in this so, sorry in advance)

Dominic POV

I get off the plane and grab my luggage, I walk for a little while and see my mum and Izzy. They both come up and hug me, "I've missed you so much," Mum says and they both pull away from me.

"I missed you guys too," I kissed her on the cheek and roughed up Izzy's hair. She laughed, "And there's something I didn't miss," I put my hand on my chest looking offended causing her to laugh more.

"Alright, come on then, I've got to get dinner started," Mum says, now rushing us out of the airport. I still can't seem to stop thinking about (Y/n), even though I'm with my family... Why is my head like this?.

We get in the car and mum starts driving back to the house, I guess they both noticed how quiet I was being. "What's wrong Dom?" Izzy asks, "Oh, nothing, just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Mum joins in, "just some things that happened in California," Mum nodded in understanding.

"Did you meet any new people?" Izzy curiously asks from the backseat, "As a matter of fact, yeah. I met a few new people," I say truthfully, smiling to myself.

"Cool," Izzy says and leans back in her seat.

(Y/n) POV

"Wassup chiquilla," Edwin says as he dabs me up and pulls me in for a hug. We pull away and he looks at the guys, "Aye it's the band of brothers," He says and shakes their hands, "Well... Most of them."

I giggle, "Is Charlie here?" I ask, I haven't seen Charlie since the last race a few months ago. "He's chillin over by the trucks," He tells me, I smile and make my way over to him.

As soon as he saw me he hopped out of the flat bed, "H-hey, it's been a while," He nervously says. "Yes it has," I chuckle and give him a hug, which he quickly returned.

"How's senior year?" I ask as we pull away, "I'm not sure how, but highschool has gotten worse since freshman year."

He tells me, I sigh and kiss his cheek, "It'll all be worth it when you get into college," He nods in understanding. "I really missed having you around (Y/n)," He says.

"And I missed seeing you Charlie," He smiles at me. "Alright, now let's go and watch Reggie's tire blow out cause I know he sure as hell hasn't changed them in forever."

He laughs, I wrap my arm around him and he wraps his around me, we then make our way over to my truck and sit in the flat bed.

Dominic POV

Should I text her? No it's only been 2 hours since I've landed. But I miss her. She's probably busy. But what if she isn't?

"Ughh," I sigh rather loudly, "You alright Dom?" Izzy asks, "Yeah, just contemplating," I tell her.

Fuck it.

(D-Dom Y-You)

D- Hey love

Y- Hey Dom, how was the flight?

D- It was fine, you busy?

Y- I'm at a race rn

D- Oh, wanna call when you get home?

Y- Yeah sure!

I smile to myself, "You met more than just some new friends, didn't you?" Iz teasingly asks me. "Tell mom and I'll hurt you," I say. "Spill she says," I sigh, "Her name's (Y/n), she's absolutely stunning," I swoon. She giggles at me, "Ya know, it's a little sad that I'm a grown person talking to you about a girl I met, while begging you not to tell mom."

She laughs at that, "Just a little bit," I laugh and sit back against the sofa. "Anything exciting happen here while I was gone?" I ask. "No not really, nothing as exciting as meeting the perfect person," She jokes.

I nudge her a little while I chuckle, "You have a point," She then starts talking about somethings she did with her friends while I was gone. But I can't help myself from spacing out and thinking about (Y/n) and what she must be doing right now.

(Y/n) POV

I don't think I've ever been more happy that Charlie comes prepared for pretty much anything, we're currently sitting under a blanket while cheering on Edwin as he races Mouse.

"WOOOOO!" I yell as Edwin crosses the finish line first, Charlie cheering next to me. I really did miss this kid, he's kinda like my little cousin or something.

"Hey, do you think you could take me home soon?" He asks, "Yeah totally, you still staying off of Brandy?" He nods.

"Alright, just let me know when you wanna go," I tell him, "Okay," He tells me and turns back to the race as two more cars line up. I sip my soda and rest my head on his shoulder, but then my mind drifts off to Dom.

Thinking about everything we did while he was here. I smile at the memories, wondering what he's doing right now.

Wondering if he's thinking of me too

______________

Ayeeee chapter twoooooo

I hope you guys are doing good

I've been working on my finals lately and studying so I haven't been able to write a lot, sorry about that

Anyway, drink water, and if it's late where you are, put your phone down and go to sleep.

Love you all🖤