Chapter 7

(Y/n) POV

I laugh as Dom squirts whipped cream in his mouth, "Want some?" He asks, mouth full, "Sure, why not," I say.

He kisses me and the whipped cream that was on his lips were now on mine, "Not what I had in mind," I giggle licking it off, he laughs as I clean my face with a napkin.

I look at him and smile, taking in all of his features, everytime I look at him it's like seeing him for the first time. I don't know if this is love, but I've never felt anything like this before.

"What're you staring at?" He asks through a chuckle, "Nothing, I'm just admiring the view," I say, he blushes a deep pink.

I giggle and look back down at my plate when I suddenly feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I reach for it thinking one of the guys just texted me or something.

But when I look at it I see a message from someone that genuinely pisses me off every second of every day. Kyle.

'Did you really think going to England would help you escape?'

I'm so upset I almost start shaking, "What's wrong love?" Dom asks. "He's texting me again... A-and he knows I'm in the UK with you." I tell him on the verge of tears.

"Hey, hey, it's alright babe. It's gonna be alright," He pulls me close to him, I start crying quietly. He pulls me away and looks at me, "How about we go somewhere today, just us." He says enthusiastically.

I nod, "Okay," I say. "Alright, go ahead and grab your bag and I'll get somethings and we can go," He says and we both stand up.

I go into the room, grab my purse and a jacket, Dom walks in after me and grabs a leather jacket and a black back pack, we head to the front room where he grabs his keys.

As we walk out he locks the door, and we head down the steps to his car. Once we're in we start driving, "Do you want to stop and get some snacks from a corner store?"

"If you want to, sure," I say, he pulls into the parking lot of a liquor store. We get off and get chips, candy, and drinks. On the way to our destination we playfully argue about whether they're called chips or crisps which was pretty funny.

"It's just so much more satisfying to say crisps, like crisps," He says in a fake elegant voice to which I laugh at. Just as I'm about to respond he parks the car, "We're here," He laughs at me.

"Don't think this conversation is over," I say jokingly, "Yes ma'am," He says. We get out and all I see is a huge building, an estate I guess, surrounded by open grass areas.

"Where are we?" I ask as we walk, bags in hand, "Well do you remember my song, 'I love you, will you marry me'?" He asks, I nod, "Well..." We walk a little further in turning corners and what not.

"Here we are," he says and I see a bridge with the words 'I love you, will you marry me' written with a sign that lit up. "Wow," I say under my breath.

He laugh lightly at my reaction, "Yeah, wow," I look at him and see him looking at me fondly. I smile at him and he smiles back, he sits on the grass and pats a spot next to him.

I sit next to him and he hands me my drink, "So what's the actual story of this?" I ask genuinely curious.

(I'm going off of what I've read, please correct me if I got anything wrong)

"Well, this man proposed to his girlfriend here, and she said no. Something with her kids, and people thought the sign was cool so they put a neon sign over it, printed it on postcards, put it in magazines, and he didn't see a penny of the money it made. He was just put out and became homeless."

I listened closely to what he told me, "That's harsh," I say, he chuckles. "Careful, you're californian is coming out," he says, I nudge him playfully.

"But seriously, they didn't think to give him anything? He wrote the damn thing," I say slightly upset about it. "That's how it is, love. And honestly they probably would have picked him up for graffiti rather than praised him for writing it."

He right, "It's just treble to think about, I mean, this man probably poured his heart out to this woman, and she said no, then his own work got used and he got zero credit," I say then take a sip of my drink.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and we lay back on the grass and watch the clouds, we stay like this for a while before he sits back up. "What's up?" I ask.

"Well I- um," I wait patiently, "I wanted to ask you something," he says. I sit up and wait for him to ask whatever it is, "Look, I know we haven't known eachother very long, and I know that you have all these other things happening in your life, and let's be honest here I'm not that great an option-" I cut him off.

"Dom, just ask," I say and wait for him to continue, "Well... I wanted to ask if you'd, maybe.. Want to... Be my girlfriend?.." He asks quietly. I'm completely dumbfounded by this question.

I look down. "If you say no it's perfectly fine," he says. "I..."

This is actually happening

_____________________

Haha! Cliffhanger mother truckers!

This chapter is really short but come on
Two chapters in the same week? What have I become?

Anyway, hope you enjoyed that, remember that I love you all, drink water, and if it's late where you are, put your phone down and go to sleep.

- DJ 🖤🖤🖤