Chapter Twenty-One

a/n hi so uhhh short chapter BUT i have included some suggestions from the post i made a little while ago... so yeah enjoy luv u xoxo

Aelin and I spent the next two hours attempting to explain everything we knew to Bryce and Hunt. Though we both knew they were still sceptical, I could not sense any hint of betrayal amongst them.

The sun was at its brightest when I had a sudden wave of nausea.

"So, basically, we have no idea what to do next," Aelin sighed, flopping back into her seat. I groaned a little, hunching over. She frowned, putting a hand on my back. "Feyre? Are you okay?"

I tried to nod, but I slapped a hand to my mouth. I sprinted to the bathing room, throwing up the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I retched, the little food I'd had that day leaving my stomach.

Aelin entered the bathroom, leaning against the sink as I shakily wiped the back of my hand over my mouth. "Are you alright?"

I nodded, huffing a panting breath as I swiped my hand through my sweaty hair. "Yeah," I breathed, slumping against the toilet. "It was just so... sudden."

Aelin's eyebrows met in the middle, and she sniffed delicately. Her eyes widened. "Feyre..."

"What?" I said, narrowing my eyes.

"You're..." She sighed. "Remember when I was in the Night Court and caused a bit of damage to the walls?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You blew up the whole mansion."

"That's not the point," Aelin said, waving a hand. "I'm talking about just before the flying asshole, otherwise known as Cassian, hit me in the head with a rutting brick."

I frowned a little. "I recall, yes."

"The reason I acted so shocked when I saw you and Rhysand together is because I'd seen you before. Well, not before, technically after, but-"

I stood up slowly. "I'm sorry, what?"

Aelin sighed, massaging the spot between her eyebrows. "When I was in my world, a... event happened that caused me to fly across worlds. I was going too fast, and I fell across Prythian. I saw you, and Rhysand. He slowed my fall."

I gaped at her, too shocked to respond.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "And there's one more thing. You... you were pregnant."

My heart seemed to stop. "What are you saying?" I whispered, not daring to believe it.

Aelin expression softened. "You're going to have a child, Feyre."

~

I stumbled backwards, and Aelin gently grabbed onto my arm. "Feyre..."

I held up a hand. "Just, give me a second."

I was pregnant.

Rhys and I were going to have a child.

I couldn't stop my sob, and I covered my mouth with my hand. Aelin tenderly wrapped her arms around me, and together we slid onto the floor. "I'm not sure what to say," she said quietly.

I swiped under my eyes, trying to get my tears under control. "Its so rare for Fae to conceive in my world. And now... how did you know?"

"I could scent it. I'm not sure if that's a thing only Fae from my world can do or not."

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair. "It's... It's not important now. We should just focus on getting back to our own worlds."

"Are you sure?" I'd never seen Aelin so soft and compassionate before.

I took in a shuddering breath, pushing to my feet. "I'm sure."

Aelin nodded her head, and together we walked back into the main room, where Bryce and Hunt looked at us suspiciously. "Everything alright?"

I nodded, getting back into my seat. I gently rested a hand on my stomach, and could almost feel my baby growing inside.

Our baby.