soon enough

She'd been sick all day, constantly throwing up, struggling to leave the bed, continuous headache, her body was punishing her. 8 months into her pregnancy she'd never felt worse. He'd hated to see her in so much pain and suffering, after all this was somewhat his fault.. walking around their house like a mad man, Eren called his mom for advise on what he could do.

"She can't even keep anything down!" he argued, it was clear he was frustrated, but only at himself for not being able to help you. Hearing his conversation with Carla you gather up the strength to lift yourself out of bed and waddle from the back of the house to the kitchen where Eren stood with his head against the refrigerator and the phone to his ear.

Alarmed by the sound of your steps he turned around to notice you walking to him. "Baby get back to bed what are you doing? Mommy i'll call you back..." he said hanging up the phone and placing it on the counter so that he could hold you. Making his way to you, you wrap your arms around his neck and his at your waist, you begin to cry. He rubs your back and your huge belly at an attempt to comfort you. Pulling away to wipe your tears, he tucks a strand of hair behind your ear.

"What can I do for you? Do you want to try and eat?" He asks with a tone full of love and care. You shake your head softly and cup your belly.

"I just want him out." you cried as you took a seat on the couch. Eren follows behind you grabbing a blanket and sits down. He extends his legs, spreads out the blanket and lifts it up signaling for you to join him under the blanket. You sigh and stand up with your hand on your lower back.

"I'm not gonna fit.." you say, tears flooding your eyes.

"So we'll make room." Eren replies pushing his back closer to the back of the sectional couch. Giving in, you finally join him, digging your head into his chest as he places a hand on the life inside you that you created together, and you slowly fall asleep in his arms. "He'll be out soon enough baby."

Moments after you had fallen asleep, Carla called to check on you.

"She's asleep now, I've got her." He said reassuring her that he was taking good care of you.

"Good, now make sure she gets some rest and have her try eating something again, something light Eren, I know you're worried but don't make her eat a full meal if she can't keep it down, there's no use in trying the same thing over and over again, maybe even try some ice." She recommended from the other end of the phone just before hanging up to finish up her daily activities. "The only thing you can do is be there, and that's what you're doing."

"i wish I could do something to ease your pain, im so sorry you feel like this.. I love you more than anything." he whispered as he planted a kiss on your forehead before allowing himself to drift to sleep as well.