where'd you go ?

Never in a million years did i think i'd be the lonely military wife, yet here I am awaiting my husbands arrival. His commander deployed him without warning, sending him out on a plane in the middle of the night. Watching him slowly dissolve into the crowd at the airport was extremely hard but the way it's looking i'll have to get used to it. He sends me a letter every month he's away, and we can rarely call. This months letter came in this morning and it reads:

"It's been 10, long, and hard months since I last laid eyes on you. Not a day goes by where I don't miss you like crazy. It's lonely out here and I wish I could relive the times of coming home to you everyday after i've had a bad day. Jean's been keeping me company but nobody else knows me the way that you know me. I wish I could be with you right now, i miss you. Erwin says he wants to send me home soon but he doesn't know how soon they can get me out of here safely. He asked me "What do you want?" and I answered honestly that all I want is to be home with you. He knows I love my job but I love you all the much more. We're young and I know, but i've already settled for spending the rest of my years with you Y/N.

I love you.
-Eren"

He signs his name with delicacy. Tears clouding my vision and soaking the paper, I fold it and slip it back into its envelope and lock it away in a box that holds the rest of them. I clean myself up, take a sleep aid and tuck myself into the bed that feels oh so empty with him gone.

____

The phone rings and you jump out of bed hoping it's a call from the headquarters. To your surprise it's a call from Captain Levi himself.

"Hello?"

"May I have the honor of speaking to Y/N ?"

"This is she, is everything okay?"

"Ahh yes everything is fine over here I can assure you that."He covers the speaker of the phone.

"Anybody know where Jaeger ran off to !? His wife is on the line." He whispers.

"He said he was doing a supply count." another soldier replies. You can't hear much.

"Captain is there a reason you called ?" I ask out of concern.

"Jaeger move your ass." He calls out and hands him the phone.

"This is Eren Jaeger with the 104th Survery Corps who do I have the pleasure of speaking to ?"

"hi baby" I respond almost choked by the sound of his voice.

"Levi is this like automated ? you're full of shit that's not fucking funny you asshole."

"No you dumbass I called and that's your wife idiot."

"Babe??" He questions searching for a sign that what Levi has told him is true.

"Hi my love, I miss you."

"Holy shit Y/N I miss you so much, I wish I could be there with you right now." His voice breaks a little sending chills down my spine.

"I know baby i'll see you soon enough..okay?" I respond trying to keep myself together.

"I don't ever wanna be away from you like this again. I love you more than anything in this life."

Before I had a chance to reply I was cut off by a concerned Captain Levi.

"Jaeger hang up the phone." He commands.

"Baby whats going on over there ?? Talk to me."

"I have to go babe I love-"

And before he could finish his sentence there was a loud crash and the phone disconnected.