calm before the storm (pt.2)

*Unedited, ENJOY! I'm so excited to continue this series.*

He watched as they closed the door of the ambulance and drove away with you inside. Your blood painted his hands and stained his clothes as he stood there with his hand behind his head, the image of you laying there lifeless engraved in his memory. Did you hear me? You promised you wouldn't go.. he thought in his head over and over again as he silently sobbed. He flinched back at the hand placed on his back.

"Eren I, I didn't mean to I'm sorry" Jean began before being pushed to the ground.

"It was you...You shot her ?? DID YOU FUCKING SHOOT HER??" He cried. It took everything in him to not kill him with his bare hands.

"Get the fuck out of here Jean." Connie said breaking the two up.

"He killed her Connie." He whispered as the tears continued to fall from his eyes.

"Eren you gotta get to her, go." He said placing his keys in his chest, pushing him towards the car.

He lifted himself into his car and pulled off. As he drove down the road he felt the tears burn in his eyes, his mind blank, occupied by nothing but the look on your face as he held your limp body in his arms. The words he said stuck in your memory as you were wheeled into emergency surgery. He was a mess, he shouldn't be driving, but he was gonna do everything in his power to get to you. Driving through green lights, tempted to run through the red ones. Knowing you were in pain made his heart burn. His hands shaky as he gripped the wheel.

______

Just before you were sedated you gathered the strength to tug on the nurses sleeve in attempt to get her attention, she was small and blonde, with a kind face.

"Eren.." you whimpered through hollow breaths.

"Eren? Is that your name miss ?" she asked looking down at you as she pushed the bed down the hallway.

"no.. eren, when... if he gets here and its too late.." you panted.

"tell him I heard him.. and that I-"

"Hey, you're gonna be just fine, you'll be able to tell him yourself!" She said, cutting you off. The tears in your eyes started to fall as you felt yourself growing tired.

"tell him that I'm in love with him, please."

______

He pulled into the parking lot of the emergency room his mind was set on one thing, and one thing only.. getting to you. He slammed the door of his car and rushed inside the building, headed straight for the front counter.

"Excuse me sir!? Are you hurt? Is that your blood??!?" A nurse called out from down the hall. He looked down at his hands and his clothes, covered in your blood. He was hysterical, he couldn't tell if he was angry, if he was hurt, or if he was just sad. The memory of how you laid in his lap gripping his shirt as you clung to your life constantly playing in his mind. He placed his hand on the counter, out of breath from running.

"I'm looking for a Y/N L/N ? Is she here ?? She should be here." He pleaded as his head fell, allowing his hair to hang in his face freely.

"May I ask what the relation is sir?" The question made his heart skip a beat, he'd planned to make it official tonight, he knew he was in love with you, he'd known since the moment you locked eyes. You owned his heart, his mind, his body, and he owned yours.

"My girlfriend, she's my girlfriend."

The words came out of his mouth like a breath of fresh air. It was nice to call you his girlfriend, even if it wasn't necessarily official. The woman in front of him began to search through patient logs.

"I'm sorry sir, she's been taken into emergency surgery. It's gonna be a while.. and we're gonna need you to talk to our police department about what went down tonight if you don't mind? They'll be in contact sir. Clean yourself up." His hands now gripped the back of his neck as he stared at the ceiling. You were just in his arms, having the time of your life, and now... he didn't know. He lead himself to the waiting room where he took a seat in a corner and sunk his face into his hands.

How could he let this happen to you? He was the one who told you to wait outside. He left you there. He couldn't have known this would happen. It should've been him, he should be in emergency surgery right now. You were all he had, the only thing in his life that was truly good. From the way he would hold you while you slept, to the way you'd treat his house as if it was your own. He wouldn't be able to face the world without you at his side. He'd almost fallen asleep before being interrupted by a tap on his knee.

______

"Hey kid? I'm Chief of Police, Levi, this is our Deputy, Hange Zoe, do you mind if we ask you some questions about what happened tonight?" He agreed and propped his arm up on his knee.

"So Jean Kirschtein was detained at the scene for possession of a deadly weapon, and was sent home on bail." Those words hit him in his chest. He stood up from where he was siting looking down at the short man in front of him.

"What do you mean he made bail?!? He shot her!" Eren pleaded, he was hot.

"Kid we had everyone on the scene tell us what they saw, we have Mikasa Ackerman telling us the gun fell and fired, no one on the scene has confirmed that he fired the gun, i'm sorry but we have to take majority rules here." The chief replied.

Eren fell back into his seat, in shock. She lied for him? Jean wasn't going to face any consequences. Before he had a chance to respond a nurse peeked around the corner in search of him.

"Do we have an Eren here? E-R-E-N ? There's a patient asking for him." She announced. Noticing him stand up she gestured down the hall, and around the corner. "She just got out of her first surgery and should be getting some rest, if you wanna go in and just sit with her?" He nodded and proceeded down the hall and to your door before being stopped by your doctor.

"Eren I assume? before you go in I should let you know, she's doing just fine right now... but because of the location of the bullets, we're going back in tonight in attempt to extract them. As you may know this is extremely risky, but we're doing everything we can to get her out of here!" She said with a smile, so big it made her eyes squint.

With that, he entered the cold, dark room as you laid helpless, asleep.