{CBTS} gone but never forgotten

***play "This Town" by Niall Horan for enhanced reasoning experience***

The day had finally came around, and it was time. Eren was numb, his eyes were drained of any tears he had left. You were gone and there was nothing he could do to get you back. He was to deliver your eulogy in front of all of your friends and family, he was forced to be strong today, forced to pretend he was okay... he wasn't. Your clothes still laid scattered all around his house, the pillow you'd sleep on still on his bed, your toothbrush still stood next to his in his bathroom, your favorite juice still in his fridge, untouched. He wasn't okay, he wasn't ready to let you go.

___

He sat on the edge of his bed staring at his wall before being interrupted by a knock on the door before it slid open.

"Here's your suit....we have an hour until we should get going." Zeke said hanging the black suit on the back of Eren's door.

He couldn't help but think about how you would hang your jacket on the back of his door after a long day. His chest burned at the thought of you truly being gone. He wouldn't hold you any more. You wouldn't sit on the counter while he cooked breakfast in the mornings. He stared at the wall as his hair dripped water down his neck... memories of you running around his mind. He looked over at his brother who stood outside his door, with empty eyes. Zeke slid into his room and leaned against the door.

"She's every where." Eren muttered. He lifted himself off the bed and proceeded to his bathroom to get ready.

_____

After blow drying his hair, he entered his room and stared at the suit on the door. He knew that once he put the suit on, it would all be real. You'd really be gone, forever. He walked over to the full body mirror where you would take pictures, and he buttoned the black shirt, and slipped into the jacket. He grabbed the black leather notebook, where he'd written the eulogy and left his room. Zeke was ready, waiting for Eren on the couch. You'd met him a few times, enough to know that he was a good person and that he cared for Eren deeply. He sighed deeply as he rose from the couch, placing his hands on Eren's shoulders. He grabbed your flowers and his keys before leading him out the door.

They'd chosen a small church, decorated with black and green. It was a beautiful church, for a beautiful girl. When they arrived Eren sent Zeke inside first so he could take a moment to himself. He didn't want to cry today, he wanted to celebrate the time he had with you, but he knew he wouldn't be able to. He was pissed. He was angry, he was sad, it was too much for him to keep in, but he was going to try. He hopped out of the car and made his way to the entrance. Connie stood in front of the door letting everyone inside. When he spotted Eren his heart dropped. He was emotionless. He could see the pain in his eyes, the sparkle that was once you, had disappeared.

"Eren, man I-" He started. Eren placed a hand on his shoulder and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but I just cant, not right now." He replied as he walked into the building. He found Zeke and took a seat next to him and once everyone was settled, the service began. Sasha went up first to share some memories.

"Her laugh was contagious, and she was an amazing cook. May she rest in peace." She said through a fake smile, before handing the microphone back to the man in charge.

"Y/N wished for Eren Jaeger to write, and deliver her eulogy today, so here he is." Hearing those words made him nauseous, Zeke stood up first, followed by Eren and they walked up the stairs and to the podium, arms locked. He adjusted the microphone to his height and took a deep breath.

'It's not easy for me to be here today" He started

"It's not easy for me to be here today but i'm gonna do my best for her. My girlfriend asked me to write her eulogy so here I am." The room was filled with gasps as they realized why Eren was chosen to do this. Zeke placed his hand on his shoulder as he continued.

"Y/N is- was my best friend. Her smile could light up a room, she was beautiful. She was the kind of person that if you fell, she would laugh until she was in pain and tears were falling from her eyes, but she would help you up the moment she recovered. She was kind and saw the best in everyone and every thing. She loved her friends and her family and wouldn't hesitate to do anything for them." He took another breath before he continued again.

"I love her more than anything in this life, from the way she'd fall asleep in my arms, to the way i'd wake up to her cleaning my house until it was spotless. On our first date she asked me who I loved most in the world. Today I can proudly say, it was you. I will never love another as much as I love you. I lay my heart to rest with you today. I fell in love with you 2 years ago in October, and I love you everyday until I die. I'm not ready to let you go and I don't think I ever will be. My biggest accomplishment in this life was being worthy of the love we shared. When I die, I die with no regrets except for one. That I couldn't marry you." By the time he finished, tears had already been flowing down his cheek, your friends, moved to tears by his love for you. The love they had no clue about. Just as Eren and Zeke had turned to leave the podium, Eren stopped and went right back to the mic with his final words.

"And Jean... If Y/N would've survived," he said before his brother attempted to pull him away, he lifted is hand for space.

"She would have forgiven you, because that's how amazing she was, but she didn't... So me? I hope you feel like shit, for killing my girlfriend. You don't deserve to be here." He stated, and with that, he left the podium and returned to his seat.