Twelve Days Remaining

Twelve days remaining.

I awoke with a jolt. The familiar sound of the opening of the gym's doors caught my attention. My muscles tensed, and I froze in horror. Who could it be at this hour? If it's the coaches...

Foot steps began to draw neared. Their echoing reverberated off of every wall, adding an ominous continuation to their every move. Shit, shit, shit- I forcibly began to weasel behind some gym mats, hissing as my exposed back scraped against a sharp metal corner. Blood seeped from the stinging scratch.

Fuck. Tears welled in my eyes. How long has it been since I've felt pain? I awkwardly began to lay pressure on the wound, dejected at the thought of ruining Kageyama's shirt. I hope he understands...

The door opened. Light filtered into the space. My breath hitched, hand covering my mouth.

"...Raven?"

Relief flooded my veins at the familiar voice. I wiggled free of my hiding place. Hinata watched me, grinning when he saw me.

"I thought you had disappeared," he joked.

I curiously looked at the loaded first-year. In either arm he had a sleeping bag, and a large bag sat on his back.

"Ah, right!" Hinata dropped his cargo, passing me a sleeping bag.

My hands floundered with the gift, eyebrows raised quizzically. He dropped the bag next to us. Slowly, he rolled his own mat out across the ground.

"I figured you'd get lonely," he chided. "So I decided to come stay with you. I brought an extra sleeping bag so you wouldn't have to sleep on the gym mats."

What? My brain short-circuited. Here he was, shouldering the weight of a possible curse and the loss of something important, and he was having a slumber party with me because he thought I would get lonely?

I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. Humans; no, Hinata, were truly an enigma I could never understand. He blinked down at me questioningly.

"You're crazy," I stated, unrolling my newest bed.

Hinata laughed alongside me. He maneuvered our sleeping bags next to each other, closing the closet door with a click. It wasn't a very spacious room- but there was enough for us to rest comfortably next to one another.

I clicked on the flashlight he had brought, wincing when I did so. The scratch on my back had been pulled in the process of unfolding. Hinata curiously peered at me, eyes falling the darkening path on Kageyama's shirt.

"You're hurt," he stated, fumbling through his bag. "Hold on."

"Here!" He passed me some bandaging and alcohol wipes. I twisted to try to see the wound, but it was to no avail.

"I can't reach," I mumbled sadly. It's not that bad, I reassured myself. You probably experienced a lot worse before.

"I got it," Hinata replied, patting the spot affront him.

Ah, that's a bit close, don't you think...? I stared at the spot with wide eyes. Even now, I still wasn't used to being touched... particularly not by a human. Especially not by Hinata, of all people.

The first-year blinked at me curiously, patting the spot once more. Slowly, I maneuvered to drop down mere inches from his crossed legs. Hinata let out an appreciative hum.

"Wow, how'd this happen?" He asked, slowly drawing up my shirt.

Warm! I jerked as his fingertips caressed the skin on my back. Every hair on my body jolted to attention as a shiver raced up my spine. Hinata remained oblivious to the affect he had on me.