Two Days Remaining

Tomorrow.

My hand traced figures in the dust. A volleyball, volleyball numbers, flowers... the shapes kept growing in number.

They have until tomorrow.

Desperation punctured a hole deep into my heart. It pumped through my veins, clawing at my throat until it grew raw. Exhaustion hung heavy in every one of my limbs. Numb nothingness tingled in my muscles.

It's funny, I thought drily, how I used to be willing to do anything to live. Yet, now, I would sacrifice anything to die. A bitter grimace hung heavy on my face. Fate was truthfully a ruthless thing.

The team had largely left me alone after my outburst. Their voices had stayed late into the night, and returned in the dawn's early light. None had come to guess yet. It filled me with anxiety.

I gave them everything I can. Every advantage I could think of, and I lent it to them. Do they realize how much this is hurting me? Do they realize how selfish they are?

I brought my hand up to my mouth. Almost immediately, my teeth sunk into the flesh. Irony blood flooded over my tongue. Slowly, the fangs removed themselves. For every foreign thought, for every moment I wasn't quite myself, I bit. I wanted to be myself in my last couple of days- not that. Not him.

The wound glazed over. Slowly, the skin began to bubble and stretch. A faint blue aura entered the air. In only a few seconds, the skin was picturesque. Only the faint throb of pain remained.

A knocking jolted me from my internal monologue. Slowly, I rose onto two feet. My hand hesitated over the lock. Are they here to guess? My eyebrows knit. If they aren't... then I'm not opening it.

"(Y/n)?" Suga's voice, sweet and cautious, rang through the hollow air.

"Yes," I whispered. "I'm here."

A light sigh left Suga's lips. For him, it meant relief. For me, it meant apprehension. Please, I pleaded, please just let it go...

"Can you come out?" Suga's words came slow, as though selected carefully. "We need to talk."

"No." I shut him down immediately. "If it's not about guessing, then please refrain from speaking to me."

I hesitated by the door. A turmoil of emotions ricocheted through my body. On one hand, I was elated that they cared so much. That they could call my bluff. The other; however, dreaded their resilience. They could win if they set their minds to it. He could live.

"It was," Suga responded. "We made a list of some guesses. Could you... come read it?"

They did? My heart dropped. Yet, at the same time, it fluttered. I'm, my inner voice wavered as though unsure, I'm glad. This makes me genuinely happy.

I unlocked the door, slowly peaking out the crack between the doors. The team milled about. A few were absent. Hinata is gone. My body softened, and a relieved sigh left my lungs. I'm not ready to face him. Not yet. Not until I have to say goodbye.

The doors shut behind me, eliciting a small click. Suga gave me a small smile. It was meant to be reassuring. He wanted to calm my nerves, perhaps bridge the gap I had created between us. I closed my eyes and looked away.

"It's right over here," Suga lightly grabbed my sleeve.

I trailed behind him obediently. Heat danced across my skin from all the staring. All eyes; regardless of their owner, were locked onto me. It's deserving, I conceded. I would do the same.