one

one
- polaroid camera

it was after sunrise, the sun light shone down upon her tan skin, as she stretched out her limbs across her cotton sheets. she rasied a hand to her eyes, where she rubbed the sleep out of her soft corners.

it felt weird to her, waking up in a place that was many miles away from where she used to sleep. not only that, but time difference. although six hours wasn't the biggest time difference, it still felt weird.

she smiled when her eyes scanned the room around her and landed on her polaroid camera, that her best friend maxine had bought for her as a going away present. although it had only been two days since she had left her friend, she missed her like crazy and was left feeling unsure of how she was going to deal without being by her side.

el was yet to use the camera since she hadn't gotten any film for it. she hoped that some place in this town would sell polaroid film. she rolled onto her side, where she looked up at her dresser. in which, a little clock that displayed the time seven fifty three, layed upon.

she pulled the covers off herself and made her way down the stairs to see if her father was up. once she reached the last step, she noticed that the man filling her thoughts was indeed up, and better yet, dressed head to toe in a pristine police officers uniform. her fathers new job as a police man in the usa, had been one of the reasons why they left the city of paris.

"enfin, tu es réveillé ! je dois commencer à travailler plus tôt qu'on ne le pensait. vous devriez peut-être regarder la ville aujourd'hui, voir s'il y a quelque chose d'amusant à faire." (finally you're awake! i have to start work earlier than we thought. maybe you should look around town today, see if there's anything fun to do.) the bearded man explained, with a bowl of muesli cereal in his hands.

"ah, d'accord, j'avais l'intention de voir s'il y a un film pour ma nouvelle caméra polaroïde."(ah okay, i was planning on seeing if there's any film for my new polaroid camera.) she smiled, making her way over to the kitchen to make herself something to eat.

"a bientôt à 5h. au revoir." (well, i'll see you at five. goodbye.) he said before placing a kiss on the top of el's head, and slipping out the front door with his keys in his hands.

__

once she had gotten ready to head out, she made her way down the streets of this new place. everything was different and a lot less busy, which she kinda enjoyed. she liked that this place wasn't overly populated with people and seemed to have a lot more families living here rather than annoying head-over-heals couples filling the streets of the 'city of love'.

not too far away from el, the song that seemed to play on the radio for the second time that afternoon echoed throughout the small shop. the sound of his friends laughter filled the space behind him as they all put away the new stock.

"well, i heard from reading cosmo." lucas explained, pointing toward the corner, where the cosmopolitan magazines laid, as he placed the new disposable cameras on the shelves. the other boys frowned their eyebrows together as their heads snapped in the direction where his figure pointed.

"why would you read cosmo? i thought it was only girls who read it!" mike questioned, while picking up a hand full of all different types of film and taking them over to there different categories.

"mike, for being a complete brainiac sometimes you can be reallly stupid. why else would we read cosmo, we're getting to know the female species."another voice spoke up that belonged to dustin.