six

six

- i like to feel his eyes on me
when i look away.

the girl who has curls of brunette hair still felt like she was spinning on the tea cups.

she couldn't get over the night she just had with mike. it was definitely going to be stuck imbedded in her mind for years to come.

she searched in behind the pot plant hoping the key hopper used whenever el was asleep and wasn't able to answer the door was still there.

fortunately for her, she successfully found the key and managed to enter the house without getting caught.

the night before, she was meant to be home before eleven, but she knew that her dad was on call at the station and probably wouldn't come home until after sunrise. thus, she couldn't pass up a few more hours with mike.

even if her arriving home was much more hours after her curfew.

once she got inside, she ran up the stairs and darted straight for her bedroom.

she didn't care how tired she was, there was one person she wanted to talk to, to tell all about her night with the cute american boy who lived across the road.

she pick up her telephone, trying to stretch the cord as far as possible so she was able to sit in between her cotton sheets.

putting the phone up to her ear, she allowed the muffled beeping sound to echo through her space.

"bonjour", el spoke into the phone.

"bonjour?" her friend questioned from the other side of the line.

"maxine, it's el!"

"el! you scared me half to death, i haven't heard from you since you left."

el felt a lump in her throat form, instantly feeling bad from not calling her friend sooner.

"i know i'm sorry, i only got my land line connected on tuesday, and i met a guy." el tightly closed her eyes waiting for her fiery red haired friend to make a comment.

"ooh lala ellie finally has a boyfriend! he's american? he's from there?" her excitement for her doe eyed friend filtered through the phone.

"yes, and he is so sweet and smart! even when he talks about things he is so excited!" el played with the springy cord, twirling it with her fingers while thinking about a certain raven haired boy.

she went on explaining this boy who had stolen her heart without releasing it.

"and he's so cute, he has beautiful dark eyes, nice pink lips, curly hair. he's kind of tall and a little clumsy. i like to feel his eyes on me when i look away. he kinda kisses like an eskimo, it's so adorable."

"ooh ellie, you kissed the boy!"

"uh huh, last night on the fairest wheel."

throughout the ride el sat right beside mike. on the second loop she  had leaned in a little closer, and mike seemed to have noticed. the both of them tilted their heads and parted their lips carefully before meeting one another half way, until suddenly his plump lips collided with hers.