three

three
- cherry chapstick

sunlight shined through the large glass stained window, she laid across the lounge. her eyes glued to the small box screen that sat in the middle of the living room. through the pixelated screen, she watched mtv.

but her mind was far away from listening to the voice of madonna singing the song 'material girl'. ever since that afternoon she spent with mike in chicago, she wasn't able to stop thinking about him and his stupidly cute freckles.

el groaned into the decorative pillow that her cheek was smooched against, once she realised that she let her thoughts go back to that boy. though a knock at the door caused her to move from her previous spot and towards the front of the house.

her hands twisted the doorknob letting the front door swing open revealing the last person she would ever expect to be at the door. there stood mike wheeler in all his glory. el put her loose strands of hair behind her ears, feeling completely embarrassed.

"mike, um what are you doing here?" she questioned, her eyes roaming every place but his eyes. her stare landing on his black high-top converse.

"hi, i was wondering if you wanted to come to the arcade with me? i'm meeting my friends there" he explained.

"i wouldn't want to bother you an-" she spoke before being cut off by mike. "you wouldn't bother anyone" he smiled at her, some how convincing her.

"okay, um one second. come in." she opened the door wider letting him in, only for her to run up the stairs into her bathroom, leaving mike at the entrance. his eyes looked around the place, a few boxes still clearly needed to be unpacked. but there were still some picture frames hung on the wall, providing a homey feel.

el quickly brushed through her curls before tying it into a simple ponytail with a scrunchie. she opened the top draw reaching out and pulling her cherry chapstick into her dainty fingers, applying it to her lips as she walked over to the corner of her bedroom where she found her rebook sneakers laying on the floor. she tied the laces up while walking back down the stairs.

mike smiled at the photos of el of when she was a little girl. there was one of her of when she was probably around seven, she was at the iconic eiffel tower, her hair reached her waist at the time. he stood admiring the photo until the sound of feet behind him caused him to turn around.

"oh god, seven year old me was a mess!" she put her head in her hands, making mike laugh. "so, you're ready to go?" mike asked, el humming in response, "yes."

just as el opened the door, mike got a smell of el's cherry chapstick. mikes eyes moved towards her lips that were down coated in the sweet smell.

__

after a bit of a walk they reached the arcade, where out the front stood lucas, dustin and will. looking bored out of their minds.

"you're late!" lucas screeched before looking beside mike and noticing he wasn't alone. "yeah, i'm sorry. but i wanted you guys to meet el." mike nudged el forward at bit into the viewing of everyone.

"this is lucas, dustin and will." mike explained them all saying some kind of greeting. "it's nice to meet you all" she smiled politely, the boys eyes widened at the sound of her voice.