four

four
- flower beds

when mike washed his face that night, he made sure the smooth, soapy water didn't touch his freckly cheek. worried that the lingering smell of soft lips would disappear.

however it since then, it had been exactly twenty one hours and the scent was still able to reach his nose.

he was riding home after his shift, his hands tightly wrapped around the rubber handle bars, the sound of tires meeting the tar road echoed throughout his eardrums, as the mop of brown curls stuck out in every direction.

mike pulled one hand away to wipe the slight sweat that covered his forehead. when he rid around the corner into his street, he noticed that el was once again lying across the grass but this time, with a different book in her hand, letting her tan skin soak in the sunlight.

his eyes widened as he watched as the end of her cotton dress blew up due to the soft summer breeze, revealing her panties for a split second before the dress fell back onto her bare legs. but just like any other teenager of hawkins, it was plenty of time for mikes mind.

he shook his head trying to get rid of the thoughts of her cherry coated lips and her cotton panties. however, it wasn't easily done when el noticed his presence.

"mike, are you off work now?" she questioned, dropping the book that was in her hands, sauntering over towards the lanky boy.

"a-ah yeah, i just got off. why?" mikes eyes weren't able to meet el's yet, knowing that once he saw her doe eyes his teenage mind would not be able to handle itself.

"well i know i saw you last night but i was hoping you could show-" el shopped talking when she realised that his eyes were still glued to his shoelaces. "mike is something wrong?" she questioned, her voice filled with concerned.

"n-nothing is wrong, e-everything is completely fine." his eyes moved from his shoes, though his eyes were still roaming everywhere but her stare.

"are sure? you seem a bit flustered" el stepped closer towards him, noticing that his cheeks were a shade of pink and his eyes were darting around, continuing to avoid hers.

"i think i'm just puffed from riding" mike explained, his stare finally meet hers.

"well, come inside and i can get some water or something." she grabbed him by his hand pulling him inside the small house. he followed into the kitchen that was just off the living room.

el stood on her tippy toes trying to reached the top shelf where they stored cups, bowls and plates. mike could see that she was having some trouble reaching, so he moved from his previous spot on the other side of the bench. allowing his figure to stand just behind her and grab the cup.

mike passed it to her, which she thanked him for, before she made her way over to the sink and filled the cup up with fresh water.

he noticed the huge pile of records that were scattered across the living room floor, the record player sat on the coffee table near by. "wow! you have a lot of records, why are they on the floor?"

el turned her head looking at the mess that she had made before. "they are mostly my dads, i was trying to find this song i used to dance to when i was little but i haven't been able to find it yet."