until sunrise - mileven

characters,

elanore 'el' hopper, mike wheeler
&
the rest of the stranger things cast

time,

1986 - summer

about the story,

au: when 'el' a french teenage girl moves to
hawkins with her strict, french father.
she meets mike and they spend weeks
roaming around the streets of hawkins...
most days until sunrise. but what happens
when one night they don't return home
until sunset?

disclaimer,

this story is a little bit inspired by
the movie 'before sunrise' but
it doesn't have the same story line

prologue

the hot summer breeze followed behind him and his friends, the noise of their bicycle tyres colliding against the tar road filled their ears as they were making their way home from the arcade. in which, they had spent hours on hours trying to beat each others high scores that day.

"i think i would've beated mike's high score on princess daphne, if it wasn't for someone complaining about being hungry." lucas sinclair, a darker skinned boy explained, his stare shifting between the surrounding in front of him to over his shoulder, where dustin henderson rode somewhat closely behind them.

"well until then, princess daphne is all mine." mike turned to his left, allowing lucas eyes to be met with his smug smirk covering his face. causing, lucas to frown his eyebrows together before shaking his head in response.

for a thursday summer afternoon, it seemed kinda quiet for the streets of hawkins. normally, most of the children in the town would be riding until moonlight, however it appeared that they must all be at the new starcourt mall, that had opened recently instead.

"i'll see you tomorrow!" will byers, a shy boy rasied his hand from the rubber handle bars and waved goodbye as they neared his way home.

"bye will!" all of them yelled out in unison before continuing on their way home. the boys grip on their handle bars tightened as a car pulled out of it's driveway, forcing them to swerve onto the soft grass.

"hey, watch where you're going!" a man in his late fifties screeched from his nissan 200sx. dustin rasied his middle finger when the cranky man wasn't looking because afterall, it was his fault for not checking his surroundings before he pulled out in front of them.

ignoring the near to death experience, dustin brought both lucas and mike's attention back onto him... "what are we doing tomorrow?" the metal wire glued to his pearly teeth, caused a slight lisp when he spoke.

sometimes mike thought that dustin could be a complete airhead because only twenty minutes ago they had discussed that they all had work tomorrow. honestly he was kinda shocked how dustin and lucas were yet to be fired, considering how many times they hadn't shown up at all or were very late to their shifts.

"remember we have work tomorrow!" he reminded the both them. although it was only a summer job to get money so they could spend it on arcade games and ice-cream, at the end of the day it was still job. a fun one at that. and even so, mike had no interest in being fired from his first job.

"yeah, that's right. anyways race home? winner gets a comic!" at the sound of the those words lucas and mike were off in only seconds, leaving dustin far far behind.

both boys feet petaled as fast as the could as they rid around the sharp corner before entering their street, that seemed to be just as quiet as the other streets. only the sound of their bikes screeching and the water sprinklers that some neighbours had on filling the silence.

unfortunately for the raven haired boy, lucas was able to beat him by just a little bit. "i'll take his newest x-men comic." he laughed making mike groan and hop off his bike to walk it over to his own house. of course, moping in the process.

as he walked over he noticed the house across from his own seemed to now have people in it, considering the house had been on the market for months and had no interest, mike's previous demeanour all but vanished. all throughout yesterday he had seen moving trucks at the house, but  he was still yet to see the people who had moved in there.

when his eyes scanned to the other side of the street and saw a petite figure of a girl who laid across the freshly mowed grass, with some sort of book in hand and the sunlight beating against her bare legs, his sulky mood had all but disipated and transformed into pure happiness. bliss.

although he wasn't able to depict everything about the girl, he noticed that her caramel curls rested just below her shoulders. the ends of which, seemed to be a little wet from the water sprinkler but she didn't seem to care. and her brown doe eyes that were concentrating on the words that she was reading.

mike's stare lingered on her for what seemed like days before it was unfortunately broken when lucas had made his way over to mike... "my mum must of forgot to leave the key under the doormat, can i stay at yours for dinner?"

mikes mind was too preoccupied to listen to whatever lucas had said, so when he didn't reply lucas' eyes naturally traveled over to where mikes orbs had previously been resting. "who's that?" he questioned.

"i don't know" his eyes dropped from lucas, back to the girl and towards the wooden front door of his house.

__

later in the evening after lucas had gone home, and mike was all fresh and clean mike had an idea. mike hadn't been able to get that girl out of his teenage mind, and he was also curious to see if she was still laying on the grass. so, he walked over to his large bedroom window, peeking through the plastic blind.

instead of seeing her out the font of her house, he saw her sprawled across her cotton sheets with the same book in her hand, but this time, it looked like she had just had a shower like mike. he shook his head to get the thoughts of her in the shower out of his mind.

he watched as she switched from the position on her back to her tummy. mike wasn't sure why but something about her made him want to know more about her. maybe it was the way her attention was glued to the book or the way her wet hair fanned across the sheets. he wasn't completely sure but he was sure he was interested to find out more about her.