five

five
-on the other line.

the soft summer breeze caused el to stir in her sleep. she crinkled her nose at the feeling of a strand of her hair that had seemed to fall on the left side of her face. her eyes fluttered open, realising that the patch of grass that she laid in was not the mattress of her double bed.

she sat up, using her hands for support. eyes widening and lips parting as she noticed that the invariant equatorial sky that she had fallen asleep to was now a delicate sunrise. she felt panic rush throughout her body. she had actually let herself sleep in a meadow with a boy she knew very little about.

her stare drifted over to him, where he laid asleep nestled between the thick grass and flower beds all around him. mikes eyes were softly shut as his chest raised with every breath. his lips barely apart, just leaving enough room to let oxygen leave his body.

el couldn't help but think about how peaceful he looked while sleeping. her eyes roaming every inch of his this pale face. from the freckles thar covered his cheeks to his sharp jawline.

she was unsure of what to do, she couldn't just leave him but she also couldn't bare to deal with the embarrassment of her father that was probably out the front of her house, pacing up and down the driveway.

she knew her father would be angry, not just for sleeping in a meadow where she could have been eaten alive by mosquitoes or gotten some disease from laying in the grass, but he would be beyond livid to find out she was there with some 'american' teenage boy.

el just couldn't let her dad see him, so she got up from where she had slept, moving towards the lanky boy. she softly tugged at his shirt collar, trying to bring him out of his sleep. mike immediately opened his eyes at the feeling, looking up to see el staring down at him. confusion knitted between his eyebrows before he remembered the events of the day before.

"we slept here?" he questioned, the only words he was able to think of.

"um, yeah" she laughed before she spoke again. "it's already sunrise, i need to get home before my dad files a missing person report!"

"yeah, we should probably go." he looked around his surroundings noticing that everything seemed to be asleep. the noise the place held was a soft sound of the wind that brushed up against the trees and the shrubs.

"would it be okay if you could stay here a little longer, it's just that knowing my dad he will probably be out the front and if he sees me with you he might think things and i won't be able to leave the house for the rest of the summer." she explained, her fingers fiddling with the thin material of the dress that she was still wearing from the day before.

"oh um yeah sure." he got up from his spot, as el picked up the tote bag that she had brought with her. she stepped closer towards him, standing on her tippy toes to reach the left side of his face placing her cherry coated lips once again on his freckly cheek. before whispering "goodbye mike." only to run off down the hill.

leaving mike wheeler with a stupid smirk on his features.

__

as she walked down the street she noticed that her dad was not in fact pacing the driveway and his work truck wasn't even there.

confusion took over her features and a frown knitted between her brows, it was probably only around six in the morning and her dad's shift's normally wouldn't start until eight. she pulled the front door keys out of her tote bag, before placing them inside the lock, turning the key and opening the large wooden door.