episode one

NETWORK CONNECTION( episode one )

NETWORK CONNECTION
( episode one )

minecraft & discord

mindy was sprawled across her bed, scrolling carelessly through twitter. she rolled her eyes and shut off her phone. she looked over at her set up and shrugged, knowing what was next. mindy hauled herself over to her chair, leaning down to turn on her PC and then her monitor. she slipped her headphones over her ears as she waited for everything to load up. she opened minecraft, clicking on the world she created just for her thoughts.

mindy watched as the block world loaded up in front of her with a sigh. she began building mindlessly as she let her brain focus on more important things: what to stream.

she was having such a creativity block, and it was really biting her in the ass. she'd been posting clips of her streams on tik tok in hopes to reach new people and gather a wider audience; and it definitely worked. over the past couple of weeks, her viewer count was going up by the hundreds. the pressure was definitely coming down. she used to her 200-300 views or so depending on how long it was. but since the tik toks, she was getting at least 2,000 viewers each stream. it was incredible how fast she was growing. she genuinely couldn't believe it.

mindy definitely loved it more then anything, but it was nerve wracking. she just hit 50k followers on twitch, which was absolutely insane, but she couldn't help but feel disappointed in herself.

mindy continued to play and overthink for the next hour or so, until adrianna began spamming their discord chat.

heyitsadri today at 4:13pm
GET ON
GET ON
GET ON
PLS
LLS
IM STREAMING PLE
PLS
GET OM PLS

mindy stifled her giggle reading the messages, immediately typing back and turning on her mic. adrianna was her first streamer friend. although mindy had been streaming for about a year now, the two have only known each other for the past month. adri didn't even know mindy's real name. to adri, and the rest of the internet, she was lupinslover; nicknamed lupins.

lupinslover today at 4:15pm
im on!

"SAY HI TO CHAT!" adrianna screamed into her mic, causing mindy to flinch.

"hi chat! what are we playing?"

"I was thinking minecraft!" adri replied brightly.

"let's go to the nether! that's always fun."

"you heard the lady, chat! let's kill the fucking ender dragon! he's a bitch!" adri cried, her voice cracking.

👾

two hours and multiple deaths later, adri and mindy had yet to defeat the ender dragon and lost all their items.

"this sucks," mindy sighed, sitting back in her chair.

"yeah fuck this. let's build a castle," adri added.

"maybe tomorrow. I'm tired. And I need to eat. I'll probably log off soon."

"before you do, chat has questions for you," adri piped up. mindy bit her lip before asking what they are. "chat wants to know when you're going to do a face reveal,"

"I don't know, maybe when I hit a milestone. like maybe when I hit 100k. like because of tik tok and everything, I've been getting a lot more traction and I really want to use it to my advantage but like, I don't know what to do," mindy sighed.

"you should do a face reveal when you hit one million!"

"oh, so in ten years?" the two giggled to themselves for a moment.

"I think I'm going to do a 10 hour stream. this weekend or next, maybe," mindy added.

"10 HOURS?"

"yeah why not? it'll be christmas break in a couple days and I'll have nothing to do so," mindy shrugged. "wait, what day is it?"

"uhhhh, the 13th," adrianna replied.

"maybe I'll do it the 19th then, before Christmas and stuff. I have something planned for the 16th, which you know about."

adrianna's laugh echoed in mindy's headphones.

"I'm not streaming that day because I want everyone to watch yours! I'm so excited!"

mindy laughed in response, "you're too good of a friend. I'll text you later, I'm logging off."

"okay. say bye to my chat!"

"bye adri's chat!"

👾
sorry for the slow start but I just wanted to get everything established before rushing into the story!