episode two

NETWORK CONNECTION( episode two )

NETWORK CONNECTION
( episode two )

"hey, hun," mindy's mother, delores hart, pulled her daughter into a side hug. "how was your day?" the girl smiled with a nod.

"it was good, I actually got offered a really cool opportunity today thanks to streaming," mindy sat down at the kitchen table, reaching for her water. delores followed suit, sitting down next to her.

"okay... what's the opportunity?" her mother questioned.

"to meet some internet friends," mindy sighed, reaching out and grabbing her moms hand. "hear me out before you say anything, please. some people I met through twitch streaming; remember tommy? the british one I told you about? his birthday is april 9th, and his friend wants to surprise him with his online friends. I've been invited to brighton, england. we don't have to stay in the same house as them; the two of us can stay at a hotel nearby if you're uncomfortable with staying with them. and I can pay for our plane tickets with the money I've made from streaming. I understand if you don't want me to go, but please take some time to think about it and talk about it with dad."

"if you go, I'm coming. now, who else would be at this house in brighton? are you sure everyone is who they say they are?"

mindy nodded profusely, "I'm sure everyone is who they say they are, I promise. come to my room, I'll show you everyone invited," she stood and motioned upstairs to her bedroom. delores sighed, pushing herself from the kitchen table. the two crossed the house, nervous energy buzzing off of them. mindy opened her door and went to her desk, shaking the mouse to wake her pc up. she opened google chrome, going to the google slides document she created while waiting for her parents to get home. she presented the slideshow, then got up from her desk chair. "sit, mom, look through. I put everyone who's going, pictures of them, their real names, their ages; everything I know you'd want to know."

although mindy didn't know if adrianna even talked to wilbur yet, she still included her in the slideshow. it would be easier to explain why someone in the slides isn't at the brighton house then explaining someone she didn't even tell her mom about. mindy included everything she could think of: all the information she could find on the streamers, the address of the beach house in brighton, wilbur's phone number, nearby hotels, flight times to leave on april 8th, and flight times to return on the 12th. she knew her parents would be less then happy to find out 2 other guests haven't revealed their face to their followers, but she knew they'd also understand why they kept their face to themselves. mindy sat silently on her bed, holding her breath as her mother clicked through the slideshow carefully.

after what mindy felt was a lifetime, delores turned around in the chair to face her daughter.

"you make a very convincing argument. thank you for organizing this for me. we'll show it to your father once he gets home, and go from there. as of right now, i'm leaning towards yes. you haven't given me a reason to say no, mindy. I'm proud of how far you've come, and if you feel like you're ready to take this step, I'll be there to support you. I just want you to be happy, honey," she wiped the tears off mindy's face and pulled her into a hug.

"thank you," she wrapped her arms around her mother, not even fully understanding why she was so emotional. it's almost like mindy knew this would be a turning point in her life, and that she's not just on the brink of a bigger world, she's there already.

"I'd like to get on the phone with wilbur some time this week, and I'm sure your father will feel the same way once he takes it all in." delores paused for a moment, pulling away from her daughter. "now, are you hungry?"

mindy laughed with a nod, "can we order green dragon?"

"of course, honey. I'll call now. what you usually get?"

mindy nodded, hugging her mom once before before she left.

"I love you," she mumbled into her moms shoulder.

"I love you more," delores smiled, slowly stroking mindy's hair.

discord

heyitsadri today at 6:38pm
BROOOOOO
WILBUR SAID HE TALKED TO YOU??
ARE WE GOING TO MEET??

lupinslover today at 6:40pm
CALL ME CALL ME