episode ten

NETWORK CONNECTION( episode ten )

NETWORK CONNECTION
( episode ten )

tommy wouldn't necessarily describe himself as pushy. that definitely wouldn't be the right word;
more so determined. but today, he'd be pushy. today, he'd press some buttons.

the blonde was currently sat at his desk, discord open on one monitor and the minecraft loading screen on the other. his phone was open to discord as well, still connected to the voice call with lupins—mindy, actually. she'd fallen asleep while they were watching anime the night prior, and he couldn't just hang up. that'd be rude, wouldn't it? it didn't have to do with the fact that tommy knew the weightlessness soaring through him would crash and burn the minute he disconnected from the call—nothing to do with that of course.

on his monitor, tommy's cursor hovered over one of the many voice channels in the dream smp discord server. ranboo, tubbo, jack, and fundy seemed to be talking in it, and tommy knew this was his chance. he knew if he brought up lupins, jack and fundy would tease tubbo, poking fun at the "crush" the friend group pushed onto the brunette. tommy knew good and well that tubbo didn't like mindy, but thats not what he was worried about.

could he have a crush on mindy in the future? could he see her that way? how easily could his feelings be swayed?

before clicking into the voice channel, his blue eyes darted to his phone to double check that he was muted.

"HELLO!" tommy bellowed, a smile dancing across his face.

"yeah it was quite fu–TOMMY!" tubbo shouted back, cutting himself off.

"what's going on, boys? what's up!"

"hello, tommy!" ranboo greeted, his monotone voice laced with excitement.

"tommy! tommy! I can't believe you, mate! tommy, you're talking to girls!" jack laughed.

"jack manifold, please! I know many girls! many, many hot girls! all the girls at my school are like, 'oh, tommy, tommyinnit, please be my boyfriend! you're so poggers!' it's so difficult being such a hot man! nothing you would know, jack manifold!" tommy howled, laughing at his own high-pitched impression of a girl.

"tommy, what's wrong with you! oh my god!" fundy screamed in a fit of laughter, pounding his fist onto his desk.

"oh-oh god, okay," ranboo shuddered. "I, uh, I'm very happy for you."

"thank you, ranboo! such a good friend!" tommy grinned.

"oh, shut it, tommy! name one girl!" tubbo shouted, giggles bursting between each word.

"uh," tommy strangled, "no, YOU!"

jack, fundy, and ranboo erupted into giggles, and a smile settled onto tommy's lips. the sound of someone connected to call rang through the blonde's headphones, his grin even wider.