Chapter Five ~ Ghosts

When Brea had arrived at the meeting point for the tour she was surprised to say the least, to see none other than the very woman whom Brea had returned a jacket to earlier that day.

Miranda was standing there holding onto an old looking lantern, and collecting peoples tickets.

"Ticket please?"

She asked as Brea handed her the piece of paper. Miranda hadn't looked up at her yet and Brea was blushing before she had even seen her.

"Oh! Hi!"

She exclaimed once she had realised who it was.

"Uhm... hi.." Brea shyly replied.

"So ya like ghosties do yer?"

Brea played with her sweater sleeves awkwardly.

"N-not really no. I'm here strictly on Sleuthing business."

The women raised a brow and chuckled.

"Sleuthing? So you're a detective than?"

Brea could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks and up into the tips of her ears again just from being around her.

She shook her head. "No I guess you could say I'm a writer... well I-I mean I like to write... I wouldn't necessarily call myself a writer per say, but-" Miranda smiled at the adorable Woman's ranting, but just as she was about to let her continue, and comment on the newfound knowledge of her interests, someone in the crowd asked her when the tour would begin.

"Alright everyone, follow me." Miranda said as she gave Brea a wink, and began to lead the people along.

The first location the alluring women guided them towards was that of an old castle that was standing mostly in ruins. Miranda stopped there to tell the tale of a banchee (a Scottish type of ghost.) who could be heard still to this day, crying out about the life she had lost.

Brea's hairs stood on end when the wind began to howl. She did try not to allow her imagination to get away from her... but the more the tour went on, the creepier things got.

Because of this it was near impossible to control her writers instincts. It wasn't until they arrived at the last location however, that Brea really got the chills.

At first it seamed ok, the story Miranda told about the two lovers losing their way in the very woods they where standing in and doing everything they could to find one-another again, was sweet, If anything. It even earned Brea a wink from the woman who had continued to flirt with her through-out the entire tour.

But it was the hair-raising end of the story that Brea knew for sure, was going to keep her up that night.

You see it turned out, that the two lovers never did find each other again and instead they died of the cold in the storm that blew the night they got lost. It had even been said that you could still hear and see them, if you listened closely enough, calling out for one-another and screaming in the darkness of the woods. The very woods that they where standing in right now....

Brea felt that she might just faint when the wind suddenly picked up, causing the branch of a tree to snap. In fact, everyone jumped than, even Miranda, but it was Brea's pale face, that Miranda took notice of the most.

"Alright everyone, calm yerselves down. It was just the wind!"

She advised as she began to lead the group back the way they came, and as they all begun the long walk back, Miranda slowed her steps until she had reached the back of the line where Brea was holding onto the sides of her arms, looking determinedly at the grass below her shoes.