Chapter One ~ Books

Amazing cover by MuniWilliams

Brea Ellora Eve hadn't written anything for months.

Going this amount of time without writing a single thing wasn't normal for her at all, but when her mother passed away, and her best friend moved to an entirely different state to live with his new boyfriend, you surely couldn't blame her for falling off the wagon a bit.

Brea had known what she truly wanted to do with her life since middle school, having  started and become the president of a writers club in the very same place when she was just twelve years old, she had met her best friend at that school and they had been going on writers adventures ever since. But he was gone and so was her mom. Now Brea found herself more alone than she ever had before.

She didn't want to be dramatic about it, after all she knew that Toby would make a point to visit her whenever her could, and she was determined to keep her mothers memory alive in her heart, but loosing so much at once, and feeling like you don't have a single person left in this world really takes it's toll.

Brea's day job was at her local library where she had been working since college. Having only just a few years ago graduated her bachelor degree in creative writing, with young adults literature being her major, she had been offered a full time position. Having at the time been unsure where to go after finishing her degree, Brea hadn't had to think twice about the offer before she had promptly accepted it.

All was going ok when it came to figuring out her life, with the small amount of confidence she had, she had submitted her work to a few short story contests, only to never receive anything back at all, but she had tried to keep it up and have hope that one day she would be a published author.

But that's when she met her ex boyfriend. Another writer she thought she had fallen madly in love with because of his tall dark and handsome look and his mysterious dramatic air, naturally it ended horribly. With him saying horrible things about Brea's submissions to competitions absolutely destroying her confidence in the process, and with her finally breaking things off when she caught the douche of a man cheating.

Just as Brea thought that her life could t get any harder, her mother began to get sick, and Brea had had to take more and more time off to make sure she was ok, not that she minded. She had wanted to spend as much time as possible with her while she was sick. For a little while she started seaming better, but little did they know it was the calm before the storm. She died that winter from a complication with the illness and Brea just hadn't been the same since.

She had been putting everything into her work at the library since then, but eventually the exhaustion for her sick and having to take time off again. She hadn't been surprised when she had received a call to inform her of her dismissal, after all, the world did seam to hate her so why not that as well?

It was on a Friday afternoon, when a certain knock at her door had been the only thing to get Brea out of her bed for days.

When she opened the door she was met by the last person she had expected. It was the lawyer who had been dealing with her mothers estate for the past six months and Brea hadn't heard from her in ages.

The last time she had heard from her it was only to inform her that her mother hadn't been able to leave her with anything. Not that Brea had expected or had needed her too, after all she had been a single mum and she was more than grateful for everything she had sacrificed in order to raise her by herself.

But the lawyer had a grim look on her face, the kind of look that made Brea's heart speed up its pace in her chest and torchere her stomach with anxiety.