Chapter Twenty: Castles

When Miranda had met Brea at Claredon Castle, she was wearing brown pants with suspenders, and a grey checkered jacket over a thin-knit sweater. A lot more formal of attire than what she usually showed up in and Brea couldn't help but to look her up and down.

"You look... very.. hot." She said, this time causing Miranda's cheeks to turn red, earning a giggle from Brea.

"I do believe that is most definitely you actually." She replied as she offered out her hand and they walked into the castle.

The entrance of the castle was amazing, it had a drawbridge and everything, but the further in they walked the more interesting it became with the walls adorned with official looking paintings and full suits of armour seemingly guarding every room. Whenever they passed by something that had writing on it, Miranda immediately explained the historical significance leading Brea to wonder just how she managed to know so much.

It was when they where rounding the corner of the castle hallway that she found out.

"Brea wait!" Miranda suddenly called in a hushed tone as she pulled her gently into the corner of the wall. She made a shushing sign as she watched a tall woman in heels and dressed all in black walk past them, not realising that they where there.

"Quickly!" She whispered once she had passed as she lead Brea into a room that looked like an office or a small library. Miranda breathed a sigh of relief as she lent on the large study desk.

"Ah... Miranda, what exactly was that all about?" Brea broke the silence as she gestured back towards the hallway they had come from.

Miranda bit her lip and gave a cheeky looking grin with a shrug. "I mayyy have used to work here."

Brea rose a brow.

"Yes?" She urged expectantly.

"Annnd I mate have been fired." Brea nodded at that.

"But why hide?" She probed as Miranda seamed not able to hold back her grin.

"Welll..."

Brea crossed her arms at that.

"Well?" She prompted expectantly.

"Well, there was this one time when I was showing tourists round the castle, when this one guy started being very disrespectful towards his wife. I repeatedly asked him to stop but when he grabbed at her wrist tightly and she was clearly in pain..."

Miranda waited a beat as she looked at at Brea as if to test the waters of her response before she continued.

"Go on." Brea insisted, wanting desperately to know just what had happened.

"Well I may have grabbed one of the swords from the display and ah... aimed it at his throat, whilst telling him to essentially, 'back off'." She finished with a shrug, and Brea cracked a smile.

"So... In other words you used one of the swords to tell a twat to get stuffed?" Brea repeated, to which Miranda gave a shy nod and put her hands in her jacket pockets abashedly.

"Well, what else was I supposed ter do?" She asked with a slightly embarrassed looking smile.

Brea couldn't help it, she laughed, and than she laughed some more.

"Brea! Shhh she'll hear us and come looking!" Miranda tried but she was trying to hold back her own laughter too.

When they suddenly heard footsteps coming their way the both of them jumped as they quickly hid behind the door while it opened, holding their breathes as the angry looking woman looked around the room, huffed and walked back out, closing the door behind her.