Chapter Twenty-Four: Lovers

Brea was sick. She was tired and she was soaked to the bone in her sopping wet clothes but she was also filled with a newfound sense of urgency. She simply had to tell Miranda everything and she had to say it now. She wasn't sure if it was the fear of loosing the courage she suddenly had to confess her feelings to the woman, or the fact that if she left it any longer it might be too late to repair things between them, all she knew is that she had to act, and she had to act now.

So that's how she found herself, running desperately out of the hospital, passing a bewildered looking doctor on her way, and continuing her sprint straight towards the docks where she hoped Miranda would be.

When she finally made it there, panting from the effort of her run, she all but dragged herself the rest of the way, causing the woman she was looking for's head to pop out of the little cabin on the boat and look around to find the source of the panting noise she had heard.

"Brea?!" She asked as she quickly clambered out of the boat and ran up to meet her looking concerned.

"What are yer doing out of hospital so quick?" She demanded.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

Brea held her hand up at her as she rested her other hand on her knees and tried to catch her breath.

"I'm fine." She managed.

"Still, let's get you sitting-" but before she could continue her sentence Brea interrupted her.

"Miranda I'm sorry to interrupt you. But seriously, If I don't get this out now I'm worried I never will, and if my mother and fathers experience says anything, I know I'd regret that for the rest of my life."

Miranda shut up at that as she waited with baited breath for what Brea had to say.

"You see," she began as she finally looked up at her with a shy smile and her face as red as a rose.

"I'm not a very courages person." She said with a self deprecating laugh.

"In fact I'm a very nervous and socially shy at the best of times. So if I've ever come across as not passionate, or not into you, we'll I'm here to set the record straight." She continued as she looked into the artists eyes steadily.

Miranda looked at her with her eyes wide as she stood still and allowed the writer to continue before she got her hopes to high.

"You literally take my breath away every time I see you." She began with a breathless grin.

"You make me feel something stronger and more beautiful than I have ever felt before. You make me dizzy from the feeling of joy you inspire inside of me every time you look my way or call my name. And I just can't seam to help but to fall more in love with you the longer we spend time together." She finally managed to get out as she laughed.

"In fact, if you'd still be willing to give me once last chance, I'd go anywhere, stay anywhere as long as it meant that I could be with-"

But she was cut off by the artist running up to her and crashing their lips together passionately as they melted into each others arms, Miranda making sure to catch Brea when she swooned in her arms.

"You have no idea, just how much I was hoping you would say that." She said when they finally breathlessly pulled away.

Brea giggled.

"Thank goodness." She said as she leaned in for yet another kiss.

"Oh and just in case you didn't get it yet, I do feel the same way. Your the literal sun that makes me wake up every morning feeling excited to see you again. I haven't been able to get you off of my mind since I met you and to be honest that's never happened to me before, not like this."

Brea blushed as she looked down, biting her lip, but when Miranda gently pulled her chin back up, she smiled at her with her eyes full of nothing but love.

"I love you Brea, I've loved you since the day I met you and I'll love you for as long as you'll have me."

Brea kissed her again.

"Forever than?" She murmured when they pulled apart, as she snuggled deep into the others arms.

"Absolutely." Miranda replied as she held the writer close.