Chapter Ten ~ Lighthouses

Neist point lighthouse. It was a walk to get too, yes, but not as easy of one as the brochure had made it out to be.

45 minutes. Fourty FIVE minutes, and Brea was only just starting to get close to the building. Ok yes. Maybe she should have followed her doctors orders and not walked on a twisted ankle, but hey, she had thought it would take less time and besides, she was almost there now so there was no point in not seeing it at all.

The view from the cliff top was...breathtaking, amazing and more than slightly magical, Brea couldn't stop staring at it as she got stuck yet another trance. Before she knew what was happening though, she had bumped head first into the lighthouse itself.

'Note to self, stop daydreaming while walking!' she thought with a giggle.

Brea shook her head and sighed deeply as she tried to get her bearings back. "Spooky?" She said aloud, because it's not like anyone was there at the moment to hear her talking to herself.

'Its not spooky in the slightest... its beautiful.'

She thought as she sat herself down, deciding that she might as well take a break and have a nice good look at the place her mother had visited before attempting the journey back.

Brea was rather relieved that for the first time since she had arrived in Skye, her adventure had not been quite as identical as her mothers. But maybe she wouldn't have been so opposed to it this time around, especially if a certain stunning painter was involved. She certainly wouldn't mind spending more time with her after all.

In the journal passage right after the one Brea had re-read that morning, her mother had explained how she had bumped into the tour guide that she had been trying not to think about, how he had offered to walk her to the lighthouse, insisting that it would rain again soon, even when it seemed like it wouldn't, and how when he was right and it did in fact rain, they broke into the said lighthouse and stayed the entire night. Together. Which was definitely all Brea wanted to know. She was glad the passage has stopped there.

Though Brea couldn't be positive when her mother (thankfully) didn't write in too much detail of the events that took place that night in 1997 she was fairly sure at this point, that she was probably created right then and there, and she knew that she could never be as badass as her mum was.

Brea had always been an adventurer, yes, but when it came to significant others, or even just significant crushes, she had always seamed to fall short.

There had been one person she had really tried to make a good relationship with at one point, but just when things had gotten serious, he had decided to run out on Brea to be with some other girl.

If she where to be honest with herself, Brea would admit to being rather scarred by that event, and that, along with her parents relationship not working out either, and her many short-lived crushes that never asked her out, she couldn't help but to wonder if she would ever find the true kind of love she read about in her favourite romance books.

But there was just something about Miranda that made her want to let herself be whisked away into a book of her own, something about the artist who lived on that boat that made Brea want to ask her to come at her, and change her mind about love. Did she have the courage to do this or even to ask her out? Goodness no. Would she try to anyway if she ever saw the woman again? Well.... she would have to wait and see and hope that if they did bump into each other again, She'd be able to somehow find the courage she needed.

Brea sighed and reached into her handbag to see if she had remembered to bring her own journal with her today, but alas she hadn't, and now she had nothing to write with but her phone, and she simply had to save the battery on that.