Chapter Thirteen ~ Sparks

When they set out towards the 'surprise' Miranda had for Brea, she quickly realised that they were not going to walk to it or catch a lift. Miranda was going to drive her.

Brea honestly had no idea why, but something about the thought of Miranda driving her somewhere gave her stomach butterflies and brought heat back into her cheeks. After all, it was a rather romantic thing for her to do.

Perhaps she was more serious about their little flirtation that Brea had previously thought. If she was, Brea was beginning to think that she wouldn't mind so much at all. She had to be careful though because at the moment, she was falling far too quickly and she knew she had a tendency of doing that.

"I didn't know that you had a car." Brea tried to break the silence as she looked in wonder at the fields that passed them by.

"It's not mine." Miranda replied and laughed at the look of trepidation Brea gave her.

"Don't worry, I didn't steal it I promise." She added.

"Good lord, with the lighthouse situation, and the car, you'd think you thought of me as a thief."

Brea rushed to correct her, but when Miranda just chuckled and Brea soon realised that she was only joking.

"I borrowed it." Miranda continued.

"Who from?" Brea asked curiously.

"A mate of mine from town." Brea nodded in understanding.

"So where are you taking me mysterious boat girl?" Brea asked her, causing Miranda to raise a brow in surprise at the sudden blunt flirtation. In the time that Miranda had known Brea so far, she had been rather shy, and Miranda was not quite yet used to this amount of spontaneity from her, though of course, she hardly minded. If anything, she loved it.

"Like I said." She said with a laugh.

"It's a surprise." Brea shrugged.

"Oh alright." She answered with a pout, making Miranda smile at the writers cuteness.

When they pulled up at a car park Brea's jaw quite literally dropped.

"Well, here we are." Brea turned to look at Miranda in surprise.

"Miranda this is amazing." She said.

"You haven't seen anything yet sunshine."

She flirted as she opened her door, and ran up to open Breas, causing the writer to blush up a storm, much to Miranda's delight. "Y-You didn't have to do that." Brea muttered breathless from her fluster, as she allowed the woman she was falling for.

"Please, I do try to be a gentlewoman, after all." she said as she made to bow with one hand behind her back, causing Brea to laugh.

Brea felt as if she might just swoon right than and there, like the women in the romance books she had always read, but she wanted Miranda to see another side of her too. She wanted her to see that Brea wanted to get to know her more as well, that she could do things like open doors for her too. She wanted her to know that Brea liked her a lot, so she'd simply have to make a point of showing it.

The walk up to the mountains was a long one. It probably took at least twenty minutes, but Brea had been getting rather fit since she had come to Skye, so it wasn't too bad on her legs. She was admiring the view as they walked, but not the one of the mountains. She couldn't help but to run her eyes over the artist she was beginning to get to know better. She was wearing a beige coloured cowl neck jumper, dark brown jeans with a belt holding them up, and dark green gumboots, or as the Scottish people called them, wellies, that went up her legs quite a way. She had a green plaid scarf covering her neck and the very same old looking green jacket that she had lent to Brea on the night they first met.