Chapter 6: Dear Draco

title: The Journal

summary: Draco finds something of interest stuffed into his journal that could be the key to Potter and his sudden change in attitude.

The Journal

Chapter Six

Smoking his Dunhill outside the castle building, it was freezing bollocks outside, crisp and lightly snowing outside. Draco took a drag, tilting his head back to blow out the smoke, trying to keep his hands from shaking. November was nearing an end, and the lot of them haven't gotten any closer to figuring this shit out. Almost every night they all got together and discussed what they found, ideas, anything. Anything at all. Eventually Draco asked Blaise and Pansy to pitch in and help, and even Neville, Ginny and Luna helped on occasion as well. Ginny didn't always have time because she was captain of Gryffindor Quidditch team, and Luna always followed for moral support. In the contrary though, Seamus and Dean would also help considering the two were now a couple. Not quite open about it, but Draco could tell.

Draco leaned his whole body weight against the wall frustrated. Pissed really. They've been at this for a month and haven't made any progress at all. It seemed like all they were doing was going in circles, and Potter slowly didn't interact with anyone at all. Which he already didn't anyway, but now all he ever did was sleep, or hang out in the room after classes. Draco sighed, he hated seeing him like this. Even if Potter was avoiding all possible emotion, it still all seemed so sad and forlorn. Hermione had come up with a potion thinking it would reverse the effects of his homemade numbing potion. She was brilliant, annoyingly brilliant but he respected her all the same. However she surprisingly asked Draco to brew it as he was the best at it, not that she wasn’t excellent at it herself but, Hermione had enough to worry about with her studies and the N.E.W.T.S, for she was the most serious about it. The blonde already spent all his spare time in the potions room anyway. So there he brewed up a potion that would seem to counter effect Potter’s, but he doesn't think it's going to do any good. With how he was acting, this just seemed too simple, too easy. When it came to Potter, nothing ever came so easy, he was the chosen one after all.

Draco ashed his Dunhill, and flicked it to the ground where he stomped it out with his docs, headed back inside. Made his way to the library where everyone was already sitting around, and discussing new ideas, or probably the same idea honestly. Circling around the same idea was something that always seemed to happen quite often. The fair blonde found a seat next to Pansy, and plopped right next to her, and across from Hermione. It was only Blaise, Pansy, Hermione and Ron today. Draco slung over his bag, and pulled out a bottle of the brewed potion to the frizzy headed girl.

"Oi mate, you're like thirty minutes late again." Ron narrowed his eyes at the fair blonde. Draco just rolled his eyes with a shrug.

"Well I had to smoke, one, two, well three coffin nails."

"Those are bad for your health." Ron remarked.

"Like I care." Draco smirked.

"Okay everyone, what's next?" Hermione put her hair up in a high thick ponytail. She put the bottled up potion away in her bag, waiting for everyone to settle down. Draco had come to be on friendly terms with everyone now, but he dreaded this meeting today, because it seemed pointless by now. Getting nowhere, and it was driving his patience.

"What's next Hermione?"

Everyone whipped their heads back by the sudden voice. Draco recognised it immediately before even seeing his stupid round glasses. Fuck. Draco felt his stomach drop by his cold empty eyes.