Chapter 8: Redemption

title: The Journal

summary: Harry is now back to his old self, however now Draco is acting strange.

The Journal

Redemption

The dreams were bad, exactly how Harry Potter had imagined they would be. He had expected they would be sad, trifling, and suffocating. Moreover the young wizard was completely surprised that he'd woken up normally, no cold sweat or anything. Harry could remember the faint sound of a lullaby playing in the background while he slept. Where did it come from? The chosen one glanced over to his side, feeling unusually warm, and heavy. To his dismay Draco was lying next to him, no he was laying on him. Blimey. He half expected the fair blonde to be absent by now. He was still there, and he was fast asleep. However he wasn't really asleep, not in a good way. Harry leaned in closer, casting a quietus charm quickly so that Ron wouldn't notice, who was fast asleep in his own bed, drool dripping from his mouth. Merlin. Draco must have been exhausted if he allowed himself to fall asleep here, with him. Which the wizard knew it must have been exhausting, dealing with him all this time. Now he was feeling everything, it was rough but Harry was happy he was back to his old self without the exhaustion of holding back feelings. He felt like a complete tosser for even going through with that potion. What did everyone think of him doing that? Would Sirius have been disappointed him, his parents? Harry bit his lip, and grabbed his glasses which were on the night table. He felt so stupid, and surprised Draco was able to break him. Merlin. He had hoped that the fair blonde would be able to do it, and figured he would be the one to do so, moreover actually seeing him do it was beautiful and incredible. He accomplished it with such confidence, such power, boldness. He was glad, even if now he was in excruciating pain. Harry Potter was happy to feel again, but Merlin was it harrowing.

Harry whipped his head to the side to see Draco stirring in his sleep, sweating, his heartbeat racing heavily. He inched in toward him again, to stroke his blonde locks out of his face, revealing the harsh angles of the Malfoy boy. His pale pink lip was in an uncomfortable downward frown. Draco's hands were clenching the bed spread, he was still wearing all his clothes, even his Docs and coat. No wonder he was sweating. Moreover Harry knew deep down he was sweating because of his dream or possibly nightmare. Harry stroked over the death eater mark that was revealing, and Harry sighed deeply. The chosen one felt his body move in closer to the ex death eater, staring down at his soft thin lips. Almost opening his own mouth being just an inch away when suddenly Draco's cool grey eyes opened up. Harry immediately shot back in horror, staring down at Draco. He hoped his red face wouldn't be very noticeable in the dark room. The fair blonde was heaving, his lips partly open, his body flushed and sweaty. His expression is what got Harry though, Draco was horrified by something. His eyes so big in agony, merlin what happened to him? At that moment he shot up, and narrowed his cold eyes at Harry.

"What were you doing git?" He voice was surprisingly cold, taking Harry by surprise.

"I um, just rolled over oddly." Potter tried laughing it off awkwardly, scratching his dark thick locks. Draco's expression relaxed into a smirk, just slightly. By the looks of his body language, he appeared to still be very much on edge.

"Liar, but I see scar head is finally feeling better." Draco's voice was odd, even if he was acting like himself, something appeared to be off. "Can't believe I’d fallen asleep, merlin." He muttered under his breath.

"Are you okay Draco? You seem distressed." Harry's voice was gentle and soft, filled with worry. At that moment he saw it, the pained look on the fair blondes face again, his eyes dropped, his frown returned, and his body seemed more tense. He stood up hastily, but quietly, gazing about. He tucked his wand up his sleeve and spun on his heels.