i've always wanted this, didn't you know potter?

ao3 author: bothpessimistic

summary: draco is plotting something...scary and harry is figuring out all the details, maybe too many details

Ron was babbling about his "Lavender Brown situation" to Hermione and Harry when the latter felt a bunch of people walking behind him. 

"Harry, there's Katie" Hermione whispered as the group of girls walked past where they were sitting 

Harry must have looked utterly confused and dumbfounded because Hermione added a "Katie Bell." She looked astonished.

Coming to his senses and remembering about one of the many "missions" that came his way that year, Harry quickly got up from his seat, making sure that he took his book with him. 

Harry walked past the chatty tables and made his way up to Katie, hoping he didn't look as nervous as he felt. 

"Katie, how are you?" he had asked, trying to sound polite and friendly, not like he was trying to figure out what that stupid Malfoy was up to.

The Chasers face turned kind and knowing, "I know you're going to ask me Harry, but I don't know who cursed me" She took a deep breath and looked down at her feet. "I've been trying to remember, honestly. But I just can't."

At that moment, Katie looked over Harry's shoulder which caused Harry to turn his head. 

There stood Draco Malfoy, the exact boy that Harry was trying to figure out what was up to. He looked like he knew exactly what was going on and he looked frightened. 

Trembling, the Slytherin turned around and walked rather quickly in the opposite direction

Harry turned back towards Katie, wanting to ask something else, but one of her friends pulled her away gently

Deciding he had no better option, Harry followed Malfoy quickly, pushing through tons of other students, not knowing exactly where he was headed. 

He followed Malfoy down an empty hallway which led to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. It sounded like he was about to cry. He knew Harry was following him. 

As soon as Malfoy entered the bathroom, he went over to the sink, fat tears running down his cheeks, not daring look at himself in the mirror. He couldn't, He hated himself so much for what he was doing. Hexing an innocent girl, trying to damnest to kill the headmaster that only had good intentions for him. Malfoy couldn't fucking stand himself. 

It was too stuffy in the bathroom, so he pulled his sweater vest off, tears still falling down his pale cheekbones. He looked at himself in the mirror, and to no surprise, he looked absolutely disgusting. 

Malfoy turned the sink on and splashed his face with the cold water, which only made things worse. His crying got louder and more intense. If only the Dark Lord was here to see this...crying over a task he honorably gave him. 

The bathroom door opened with a squeak. Despite his childish crying over the sink, he didn't care. If Potter was here to duel him, then let him at it. 

Harry walked into the bathroom to find Malfoy bent over the sink, face in his hands, fucking crying. Harry has heard Malfoy cry and blubber plenty of times, but this...this was different. Something wasn't right. 

"I know what you did Malfoy" 

Malfoy looked up, meeting Harry's green eyes in the bathroom mirror. 

"You hexed her didn't you?" Harry added, knowingly. 

The Slytherin turned around slowly, so much fear in his eyes. Malfoy threw a curse at Harry, who dodged it expertly, firing one back at him, who then fled to the other side of the bathroom.