Constant Vigilance

ao3 author: Shewhxmustnxtbenamed

summary: Harry and Draco make plans for Valentine's Day. Basically half smut.

“CONSTANT VIGILANCE.” Harry shouted from behind me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin, whipping around as I reached up to clutch my chest as I braced myself on the counter.

“Potter, you arse! It’s too early for this!” I breathed, glaring at him.

“No, it’s actually your arse I want.” He said deeply, stepping forward to pull me into a hug.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, my arms folding up between us.

“Smooth.” I muttered, an unsolicited smirk tugging at the corner of my mouth.

He grinned, his deep green eyes crinkling up at the corners as his gaze traveled over my face.

“You’re doing it again.” I muttered, reaching a finger up to brush against his stubbly chin.

“What?” He asked, tilting his head slightly, his arms sliding further around my waist.

“Observing me.” I muttered, letting my hand drop down to fiddle with the top of his house robe.

“I can’t help it. You’re beautiful.” He said quietly.

I puffed air through my lips and looked away from him, a blush spreading across my cheeks. He leaned forward and kissed the hollow of my cheek, reaching around me to grab the whistling kettle from the stove.

“Chamomile or Earl Grey?” He asked, opening our tea cupboard.

“Mmm.. Earl Grey.” I said, stepping aside to push myself up onto the island of our kitchen counter, swinging my legs as I leaned back onto my hands.

I sighed heavily and let my head tilt backwards, eyes falling shut as I listened to harry shuffle our mugs around on the table, preparing our tea. I heard the soft clink of glass bottles as the refrigerator opened, the glug of milk being poured into each cup followed by the tink of a spoon tapping against the ceramic interior of a mug.

Harry nudged my knees apart with his hips, causing me to look down at him. He smiled up at me, pressing a warm mug of tea against my stomach. I smiled back at him, wrapping one of my cold hands around the cup as I took it from him. He clinked our glasses together before taking a sip of his own tea, resting forward on the counter between my knees.

“Ever heard of personal space, Potter?” I asked, masking my smile with the rim of my mug as I looked down at him.

He remained silent as he smiled up at me, tilting his head lazily to one side. I sighed and rolled my eyes, resting my tea on my leg as I let my head fall backwards again. One of Harry’s hands slid up the outside of my leg, palm warm from the tea he had been holding. I smiled, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to see my face from this angle.

“Guess where I got us reservations to for tonight?” He asked, leaning forward to press a kiss against the base of my neck.

“Where?” I asked, unable to hide the curiosity in my voice.

“Maredo Steakhouse. Berlin.” He said, happily.

I snapped my head upright and gaped at him. “You’re kidding?” I asked, analyzing his expression.

He grinned and shook his head to show that he was serious. “Harry!” I exclaimed, abandoning my tea to throw my arms around his neck.

He chuckled deeply and wrapped his arms around me to lift me from the table. My toes glided across the ground as he swayed from side to side.