006

Yule had began, and the castle was filled with students rushing to pack, or bidding farewell to those who remained at Hogwarts over the holidays.

Celine Rosier was one who remained.

She was expected to travel to her family's chateau in Villandry, however she received a letter the morning of the day all students where going home for Christmas, telling her she could no longer go, as Adrienne had been offered an understanding between herself and a boy from Italy, so the family was travelling there, and they preferred to keep Celine hidden from the suitor's family for the time being.

It was currently Christmas Eve, and as per usual, Celine was alone.

The halls were practically empty, except for the odd student or ghost roaming around, but it was peaceful for Celine.

There were only four Slytherins remaining at Hogwarts over Christmas: Celine, Tom, a fourth year named Edith, and a first year called William. It was safe to say they didn't really converse or bond together.

Except for Tom and Celine.

She had been having more vivid visions recently, and this spiked his interest. Tom had told his Knights of Celine and her gifts, and told them she was under his protection. It was clear she was helpful, as one of her visions came true.

It had been of her and Edward Lestrange, writing Christmas cards together - something that seemed so unreasonable and impossible only a few months ago, however the cousins became closer, and wrote their Christmas cards together.
He'd even offered for her to stay with his side of the family, however Celine didn't like the idea of staying in a large house with her deranged aunt, no matter how sweet her son may be.

Tom and Celine were currently sitting by the fire, both in individual armchairs. Tom was gazing into the fire, fiddling with his family ring, and Celine was softly humming to herself as she read a chapter on blood magic.

"Have you had any other visions recently chérie?" Tom asked, not shifting his gaze to the girl, who was slightly blushing at his new nickname for her.

"Yes, I have had one. However I'm sure it's no use for you Tom." She said quickly.

"Show me."

"It's really not helpful in anyway Tom, it's very mundane and slightly strange..." She began, but not before Tom broke down her walls of occlumency, and found the vision.

It was of her, in a white dress.

It began with her and Abraxas dancing, smiling at one another. Tom couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy at the interaction between the two. They were dancing in a beautiful ballroom, with the night sky painted above them.

It was a grand house.
It was Celine's chateu.

In the vision, Celine left Abraxas after their dance, and turned to a slightly aged Tom.
He was dressed in all black, and gave her a genuine smile.

"Mon chérie. You look breathtaking this evening. Heavenly if I may say so." Celine chucked at Tom's comment.

"I can't believe you remembered that." She said, beaming at him.

"I'd never forget the night I fell in love with my Celine." He whispered in her ear, and she looked up at him with pure adoration.

The vision stopped, and Tom left Celine's mind.

She was still sat there, book open, but she was silently crying.

"Why are you crying Celine?" Tom asked her.

"The vision takes place at a ball that my family only holds for a new heir. Adrienne is going to die." Celine's voice broke as she said the last sentence, and she buried her head in her hands.

"You're not concerned about the other parts of the vision?" Tom asked, confused at why she was only reacting to something that made her more powerful, not the factthat in the future, Tom declares his love for her.
Something he despises as it makes people weak.

"Well of course I've been concerned about everything I saw! That's been the longest vision I had, and all it tells me is that my sister is going to be dead, and I'm apparently going to be in love with the very boy in front of me. And according to my vision, you already love me." She rambled, and then stopped when Tom cut her off.

"I do not love you. Love is a weakness. And I cannot love. It is impossible for me to do." He said coldly.

There was silence.

"Well that's one less problem for the both of us then Tom." Celine began, before quickly closing her book and making her way towards the dormitories.

"Good night Tom." She said, before disappearing behind the door.

He didn't reply.

All that was running through his head was her.

She was dressed in white.
Like an angel.

He had told her that he loved her.

'Whatever love was', he thought to himself.

Tom couldn't sleep that night.

Because every time he closed his eyes, his Celine dressed in white haunted his dreams and thoughts.

Celine and her eyes of pure adoration.

For him.