014

"Tom?" She whispered.

"Yes darling?"

"What do you mean when you say you have business to attend to?" She turned to face him, and saw that his jaw was clenched.

"It's nothing for you to worry about Celine. It's just a boys club." He said, and normally Tom would many feel a thing about lying.

Tom had been lying his whole life.

Yet, he felt a pang of guilt - something only Celine could make him feel - and as he said the lie, he knew it was better to keep her out of it until his power was secured.

"Oh so that's what you do with people like Abraxas and Edward?" She asked softly, and he nodded swiftly.

The couple were at the astronomy tower, and it was beginning to get warmer as April came, so they sat watching the stars come out and the sun disappear.

"Adrienne wrote to me today." Celine said, not taking her eyes if the sky.

"What did she say?" He simply asked, but noticed a smile on her face, which made the strange feeling in his stomach reappear.

"She mostly apologised for the months of silence since Christmas and father's disappearance, and told me her and Orion's wedding will be in August." She said, and sighed softly.

"Surely that's good news?" Tom raised his eyebrows at her reaction.

"He's not going to be able to walk her down the aisle Tom - he's not going to even know she's married the person she's always loved." Celine whispered sadly, and Tom took her hand and head it tightly.

She knew affection was difficult for him, and her emotions could sometimes confuse him, so Tom holding her hand was one of the biggest comforts Celine had felt.

"They'll find Abel. And I know he will be very proud of Adrienne and you." Tom said, to which Celine beamed at him, any sign of sadness washing of her face instantly.

"I know this might be strange, because well...you don't have to if you don't want too Tom..." Celine stammered, and Tom smirked at her flustered state.

"Do you want to be my date to the wedding?" She blurted out, and Tom's eyes shone.

"Of course I would Rosier." He said, and small arms wrapped around him as soon as he answered, and Celine engulfed him in a hug.

"You love me don't you Celine?" The boy said from his throne, looking down at the shaking girl who was lying on the floor in front of him.

"Ye..yes.." She croaked, struggling to get the words out due to how raspy her voice was.

"My Lord." He hissed.

"Yes...Yes My...My Lord." She stuggled.

"You know why I must do this?" He crouched down to her shaking body, wiping a single tear that had slid down her cheek.

"I...don't...want..it..Tom.." She whispered, and his jaw clenched at the name.

"I am not Tom anymore my darling, I am your Dark Lord." He whispered into her ear, and another tear fell down her cheek.

She looked like a broken porcelain doll on the stone cold floor. Her skin even paler than before, small cuts scattered her face like broken pieces of china, and her once bright eyes now dead and glassy - no hint of light left.

"I...don't...want...to live...forever." She whispered.

"YOU MUST CELINE!" Tom yelled, and the girl let out a whimper.