015

SIX MONTHS LATER

"Tom?" She called from the hallway.

Celine was pretty certain she'd seen him on the way to Divination, and that he'd gone towards the second floor girl's bathroom, and she'd made her way to see him.

He'd been acting distant recently, and it frightened her.

Tom would act irritated when she didn't have visions in a few weeks, and even more agitated when she speak kindly to others.

Especially when she spoke to muggleborns.

"Tom!" She called again, her footsteps crashing against the cold stone floor as she ran towards the boy, who had just slipped into the toilets. She had no idea why he was there, but he hadn't spoken to her in four days, and avoided her.

As she neared the girls lavatory, she heard the strangest thing.

A hiss.

And then another.

And another.

The noises stopped her in her tracks, and triggered something in her mind. One second she was standing by the girls bathroom doorway, the next she was in some form of underground dungeon, surrounded by water.

It was dimly lit, and as she turned around, she saw the strangest sight.

A statue of Salazar Slytherin, with a small girl with red hair lying in front of it, limp and pale.

As she stepped towards the girl, she noticed something in the corner of her eye.

Tom.

"What are you doing Riddle?" She whispered, and his head whipped around to stare at her.

"Celine?" He whispered, almost afraid as he said the girl's name.

"What are you doing Tom? Who's the girl?" Celine asked, the fear in her voice obvious.

"How are you here? You're gone!" Tom suddenly yelled, and Celine flinched.

"Who's the girl Tom?" Celine whispered softly, walking towards the red head, and kneeling down to see her in more detail. She was most definitely dead, or just about.

"Ginny Weasley." He muttered, as if the name was an inconvenience.

"Septimus doesn't have any sibling or cousins though?" Celine said, and Tom's face turned into one of wonder.

"No he didn't." He murmured, eyes distant and in thought.

"He's still alive Tom, so it's actually doesn't." Celine corrected him, but Tom smirked.

"No. He's dead Celine." He simply said, and her jaw dropped in shock.

"No...that's not possible...I just saw him in herbology!" She exclaimed, and Tom's smirk grew.

"This isn't just a vision my darling." He whispered, stepping towards her, and Celine looked at him with confusion.

"I didn't think it was a vision..." She began, but was cut of by Tom putting his hand on her cheek.

"You're really here." He breathed out, and Celine smiled.

"Yeah you'd think after avoiding me for four days I'd be more annoyed but here I am." Celine smiled at him, and Tom looked deep in thought.

"Now about this girl who looks a bit erm...pale." She nodded at the girl next to her, and Tom snapped out of his thoughts.

"You need to close your eyes Celine." He calmly said.

"Why? What's happening Tom? You better wake this girl up!" Celine started to ramble, not before Tom smashed his lips on hers, and she slowly closed her eyes, but his lips began to fade from hers.

Everything began to fade.

She couldn't smell that strange cold room, or hear the dripping of water.

She could only hear a ringing in her ear.

A really loud, painful ringing.

"Celine? Celine darling?" A voice said faintly, but the ringing noise was louder than the voice, making her unsure at who it was.

Her eyes began to flutter open, and everything was blurred.

Where was she?

The bright light was shining into her eyes as she squinted, and she saw Tom standing over her.

"Thank god. I thought I'd have to take you to the hospital wing." He whispered, giving her a small smile as she slowly pushed herself up, and found out they were in the second floor girl's bathroom.

"What happened?" She asked, rubbing her forehead.

"I heard you calling my name, and by the time I go to you, you'd collapsed on the floor. Gave us quite a fright." He chuckled.

"Us?" She looked at him with confusion.

"Lestrange saw you fall too." He nodded towards the doorway, where her cousin currently stood, giving her a small smile and a nod, which Celine returned.

She turned back to Tom.

"So we weren't just in a strange dungeon-like room with a statue of Salazar Slytherin and a pale red haired girl next to us called Ginny Weasley?" She asked, but she already knew the answer, it was more of her telling him what she'd seen.

"No. Must've been another vision Rosier." He looked at her, but became concerned at her silence.

"I don't think it was another vision Tom...because I could sense everything in the vision and...and you saw me. You kissed me in it for goodness sake." Celine sighed, but Tom only looked excited.

"What did I look like?" He asked eagerly.

"Exactly the same as you do in all my other visions. But, you did say to me 'How are you here? You're gone!' - looked like you'd just seen a ghost if I'm honest." And Tom's face fell slightly at what Celine said.

"I think you went to the future Celine." He said, but Celine only rolled her eyes.

"Well that's the point of being a Seer Tom." She chuckled, but stopped when she realised neither Tom or Edward joined in.

"No. I think you went into the future. You spoke to me in the future, and I saw you." He looked off deep in thought again.

"If that was actually the future, pretty sure you broke up with me because you looked so shocked when you saw me." Celine murmured sadly, and Tom turned back to her.

"I'd never get rid of you. Ever. And I must've just been surprised to see you there." He whispered to her, before wrapping her in his arms.

"Yeah..." Celine said, with uncertainty in her voice, but ignored the uneasy feeling, instead focused on the strong arms wrapped around her.

"My lo- erm Tom?" Edward coughed and said, making both of the couple stars at him.

"You may leave Lestrange." Tom said coldly, and turned back to Celine, giving her a warm smile.

"Wouldn't want you to see anything traumatic Edward!" Celine called out, laughing, and Tom smiled at her happy attitude returning.

She turned her head back to Tom, and leaned in for their lips to gently brush against one another's. It was far gentler and softer than the one in her vision - or whatever it was.

When she finally pulled back, an uncommon but mischievous smirk formed on her lips.

"Cigarettes in the Charms classroom?" She asked, and Tom smirked back at her.

"Of course darling." He replied, before pulling her up, and wrapping his arm around her waist.

And the pair made their way towards the empty Charms classroom, to release their stress with nicotine.

If only Celine knew why Tom was stressed.

She'd run faster than Myrtle Warren had when she tried to escape the yellow eyes of the Basilisk a week later.