017

"Why were you seen spending time with Poppy Pomfrey today?" Tom asked in a low voice, his eyes no longer any form of light as it usually did when he spoke to her.

"She's a friend of mine." Celine replied casually, turning the page of her Stars and Signs book.

Tom arched and eyebrow,"A friend?" he said, the suspicion and jealousy clear in his face and voice. Celine turned to face Tom, wearing a frown that was becoming more and more common as each day passed with Tom.

"Yes, a friend. Do I have to tell you everything I do?" She sighed in frustration, before he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Of course not darling, I just would like to acquaint myself with the people you spend time with, that's all. Poppy Pomfrey is that mud...muggleborn Hufflepuff isn't she?" Tom gave her a false smile, but Celine saw it as a genuine one, now eager to tell him any information on her new found friend.

"Yes that's Poppy! She was Myrtle's best friend before she passed away too, and I thought I'd keep her company to cheer her up." Celine smiled at Tom, who continued to wear his usual stone cold face. But then, he leant in, until his nose was pressed against Celine's and their lips were nearly touching.

"You are too good for this world Celine, my darling." He said, his lips pressing against hers after the final word, taking her breath away as he did so, and a blush rose in her cheeks at Tom's words.

He had always had a way with words, making her blush a deep pink whenever he complimented her, making the girl seem flustered. It was part of his gift of manipulation and charm, yet when he said those things to Celine, they felt true. To Tom, she really did seem too good for the world, too sweet and innocent and angelic for this place of darkness he had began to create, and yet he loved her there with him. He liked having something that felt almost sinful to posses, like he had stolen an angel and forced her down to his hell, like Hades had with Persephone.

He enjoyed having his Celine with him, so naive and innocent as he purged the school of filthy blood, while she was far away, getting lost in dreams and books. Celine was his piece of heaven he shouldn't have, and yet he did. Against all odds, defying the stars and the fates, Tom had Celine all to himself, and he loved it. His own little angel. So pure and elegant, not yet tainted. He knew that she would soon begin to be devoured by darkness, most likely from his own power and soul, and she would become as cruel and viscous as him; Tom could see it inside of Celine, a dark and cruel side begging to be released and destroy the good being it lived in.

He knew she would become a fallen angel for him, and he was looking forward to the day where she fell down to the underworld willingly with him. Yet here she sat, blushing profusely at a few words that effortlessly fell out of his mouth, her lips forming a sweet and genuine smile, and her eyes softened by love.

She seemed too good for this world, but it would not last.