011

The next morning was something out of a fairytale for the sweet Celine. Tom greeted her in the common room - as they usually did - however this time, he grabbed her hand and held it all the way until they reached the Slytherin table in the Great Hall.

To say people saw would be an understatement.

Professor Slughorn beamed at the sight of his two favourite students holding hands, and even gave Tom a thumbs up - something that disgusted the boy, however gave the old man a false smile.

The devil was masked as an angel of course.

He didn't let go of her hand for the whole of breakfast, having conversations with his friends and peers, all whilst their fingers were still intertwined. It showed people Celine was his. She thought it was an act of romance, but it was an act of ownership.

The devil saw a pretty angel,
And he wanted her to be his.
The devil is the jealous type,
And doesn't share his happiness .

She'd never felt so happy. A beautiful smile stuck to her face for the rest of that day, for the rest of the week in fact. You'd have thought all of her education would've helped expose Tom's true intentions, but infatuation clouds even those with the greatest of minds' judgement.

Oh foolish Celine.
So sweet,
So angelic,
Yet so wrong.

Tom held her hand in public, took her to the astronomy tower to see the stars, letting her rest her halo on his shoulder as she told him useless facts about the sky above. She had stolen kisses in corridors and the library, and he appeared to not mind.

Yet she never knew what was happening when she left him.

Love can hide anything, it can blind you.

Never did Tom show Celine his truly dark side.

Never.

Nor could Tom ever truly love, yet he was the closest to that feeling of love with Celine, and so he gave her every ounce of gentles words, soft touches and passion he could, just to see her smile that would give him that strange feeling in his stomach.

That smile of Celine's was addictive. Like a drug he couldn't recover from, so he never let her go. She was his hit of happiness, reaching a temporary high when he was with her. Taking the drug may be sinful, but there was nothing wrong about Celine.

Not to Tom.

To him, she was everything good and holy. A pale creature of beauty, selfless and kind, and awfully forgiving - too forgiving - and he liked that she was so different to the damned soul he was. It made him feel less evil.

The pair would often go to the library, and stay until closing, and this time was no different.

The end of February had come upon Hogwarts, and both Tom and Celine were still at one of the many tables in the library, reading.

However Celine was no longer awake.

She had fallen asleep next to the boy, her head leaning gently onto his shoulder, and her astronomy book still open, yet the paper was folded at the corner to later remind her what page she was on - a habit that would normally irritate Tom, yet when Celine did it, he thought it sweet.

When Tom couldn't bear the thought of waking up his sleeping angel from her deep slumber, he saw Madame Gates approach their table, and she threw the boy a look. He knew they had to leave now. Tom packed away his books with the wave of his wand, making sure Celine didn't stir in her sleep. He looked down at the bed of pale hair that covered her equally as pale face, and gave the smallest smile at the sight of his girl.

Once he had put all of his books back, Tom slowly wrapped his arms around Celine, carefully trying not to wake her up yet. Her arms were now draped around him, as he led the sleeping girl towards the Slytherin common room.

As they reached the entrance portrait, he felt her shift in his arms. Placing her on the many leather sofas in the common room, Tom tried to unwrap his arms around her, yet she refused.

"Don't do that Tom, it's not fair for you to go." She mumbled and sighed as she kept her eyes closed, but pulled him closer to her.

"I have to leave darling, you need to sleep." He told her softly - if anyone else had seen him, they'd be shocked at his calm and nearly sweet demeanour.

"Can't I just hold onto my boy for a few more minutes?" She playfully grumbled, but Tom knew she was close to drifting back to sleep.

"You can always hold onto me Celine, and I'd never let go." He assured her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close, until she had her face buried int he crook of his neck. Tom's usually unfeeling and stone hold heart was filled with a sense of joy, and as bearing rapidly at the sensation - no one would believe who he was with Celine.

"Promise me that Mr Riddle?" She asked, her words beginning to slur as she began drifting back to sleep.

"I promise you Celine, I shall never let go." He whispered to the now sleep girl, before raising his wand and silently lifting her body up to her room and placing her on her bed, before turning and going back to his dormitory.

It was time to be the Dark Lord once more. He would never let Celine see his true darkness, but it was still very much inside of him, but he knew if she saw it, she'd leave, and Celine couldn't leave him. So he hid the darkness to protect his light, but when she was unaware or not around, he let the darkness come out to play.

He opened his dormitory door to see Edward Lestrange and Orion Black looking at a letter with fear in their eyes. Their heads both snapped up to see Tom in the doorway, and began to cower in fear.

"My Lord..." Orion began.

"What's in the letter Black?" Tom interrupted, slowly walking towards the pair.

"It's..it's..." Orion stuttered, only chocking on his words more when he saw Tom's frustration. He turned to Edward who was as pale as a ghost.

"It's about the Rosiers." He said quietly, it was barely a whisper.

"What about them?" Tom demanded, as images of what could happen to Celine flashed in his mind. No. He refused to let anything happen to her. He promised not to let go, and he wouldn't let her be hurt and not have his protection.

"It's her father - Abel - he's gone missing." Edward finally choked out, and Tom's eyes went dark and cold.

Celine was awfully close to her father, far closer than she was with any other member of her family. Abel had accepted Tom, and of course Tom had charmed him, but he though blood status may have been a problem, yet Celine's father truly cared about his daughter's happiness, and welcomed the boy with open arms in letters he often sent to the young couple. Abel Rosier truly cared about Celine and her happiness, and now he was missing.

Tom knew how much this was going to hurt and break Celine.

And he vowed he'd be with her through the pain, and never let go.