C12 The Hands Behind The Curtains

But right there, right in front of her, the figure of a male had shown her that he was actually able to control his mana to the point he can push her mana out of his body. He still isn't at master level just yet, but that very action of his said a lot. He does have talent for magic, that's for sure.

"Hmm, what a strange feeling this is," Enryu muttered with his eyes closed. It felt like he was moving an invisible thread inside his bloodstream, the feeling was quite peculiar to say the least. The moment a foreign energy enters his body, he can immediately feel it. However, no matter how much he tried to push it out of his body due to how uncomfortable it felt, it won't budge—in fact, it went deeper into his body. Since it didn't work, Enryu quickly came up with a different solution as he immediately put his focus on it.

Just like how he felt the foreign energy invading his body, he tried to 'look' deeper into his body, thinking he might be able to feel his own mana. It took him a while as he wasn't yet used to the feeling, but eventually he somehow was able to grasp onto it. How does he put it? It's like there was an invisible thread coursing all over his body inside the bloodstream, if he wasn't informed beforehand, he might have thought something was wrong with his body.

To control it however, wasn't an easy task as he initially thought. First of all, he can't just grab onto the thread as the moment he tried, his instinct immediately flared up, causing him to stop. Without his instinct, perhaps something bad might have happened to him. If others also got his godly instinct, they wouldn't have to suffer from their mistakes with their own body as the price for months, or at worse they won't be able to learn magic anymore because they got crippled.

Slowly, he tested everything that he can come up with. A plan on how to control the thread as carefully as he could. Thanks to his instinct, it didn't take him as long as he thought. However, it took quite the toll on his mind as one can clearly see sweats dripping off his forehead. Upon seizing control of his mana, he immediately made a show of his control by pushing the foreign mana off his body. If Lisa had any intention of fighting back, it might not have been as easy as it is.

"You'll eventually get used to it, though, it is still a surprise to me that you learned much faster than my estimation. If you hadn't told me of your class earlier, I'd have mistaken you to be a comrade of mine, a fellow magician," Lisa chuckled. She had her own secret intel group, surrounding throughout the castle, and it was true that the man in front of her own a monk class. She was quite disappointed at first, thinking her teaching would go to waste, but she was proven wrong.

"Since you now can control your own mana, it should be time for you to learn how to conjure magic. But for now, maybe you should head back. Someone might start to be suspicious of us hanging out this late in the night~" Knowing she was right, Enryu nodded and bows his head to her before leaving the library. The moment she felt his presence growing faint until she could no longer sense it, her whole calm demeanor changed as she fell hard onto the chair. Her whole body trembling, not that of fear but excitement.

When her mana had invaded his body, she didn't feel much and dive deeper out of curiosity. But before she can delve deeper into his being, the instinct she had mastered after hundreds of battles had warned her to stop from going further or she would regret it. She had acted normal back then, but secretly she was shocked, even more than when she found out Enryu can already control his mana.

The moment she saw him, she had thought that he was not normal by any means. He wasn't like the Heroes, he felt different—no, to be more exact, she felt a familiar aura around him which shouldn't be possible. She was born in this world, her parents were still living a peaceful life in the North of the small town. There were no records of her ancestor being that of an otherworlder, and neither did they have any relationship with one.

Out of curiosity, she wanted him to stay longer around her, perhaps she might figure out what exactly the feeling she felt at the time in due time. That was why she went out of her way to accept him as her disciple. If anyone had known of her great name and past, they would have been shocked speechless if they heard she accepted a disciple of her own volition. She was supposed to hide the fact that she wasn't an ordinary librarian, but she had no control of herself at that moment.

In the end, it didn't matter. Though it ended up earlier than the time she planned, it wasn't that much of a problem. Plus, she can tell, the hero didn't want to stay longer in the castle. Though he tried to hide it, it was easy for someone of her caliber to see through his facade. If she played her card right, she could recruit him for her organization. It is fortunate that the King of this small kingdom wasn't known for his intelligence, though, she could smell the hands manipulating behind the dark curtains.

"But that didn't matter. They seemed to be underestimating the heroes despite knowing their potential to be almost limitless. He is really blessed, isn't he? But I wonder how long would that last~ Will he be able to leave the castle peacefully, or will he get caught by them before that happens, either way, I won't be bored to death anymore. Perhaps I can make use of the situation and help him when the time is right, it would be easy to recruit him afterward," She murmured under her breaths.