Prologue II

"Do you have any business with my little sister?"

I asked with a voice devoid of any emotion, the same goes to my expression.

Looking at his outstanding appearance, a thought suddenly entered my mind. Is this the same boy who had been disturbing my little sister despite having already told him that his presence is nothing but an annoyance in her life? Because I had been very busy working, I didn't have the time to visit the school to give a warning to the boy.

But now I see that this little rat still couldn't understand his own place. I guess I have to teach him a lesson as an adult in his parent's place. With that thought in mind, I slowly put more strength on my grip which caused him to visibly groan from the pain but otherwise no one would have noticed what was going on. Everyone was busy minding their own business.

"Ryu-nii!"

Ayumi exclaimed in surprise upon detecting my presence behind the rat—an annoyance. In response to her, a smile appeared on my face as I greeted her just like the usual. As expected her smile is the cutest.

"Hey, little devil."

While I was greeting my little sister, my hand remained gripping on the rat's shoulder as it should be. Judging from the look he is giving at me, he doesn't seem to be the type that would stop if someone told him so. An annoying type of person, exactly what I hate the most. If it wasn't for the fact that we're in high school, a place where children gain knowledge for their future, I might have gone hard on him.

It doesn't matter that he is younger than me. The fact that he annoyed Ayumi, my little sister, is enough of a reason for me to act.

Perhaps, I might have been spoiling her too much. Fortunately, she didn't turn out bad like what one would have expected. Though sometimes she seems to be taking advantage of me by asking me to buy her stuff and the likes, she never went too far in my book.

There was a time she kept hinting that she wanted a smartphone since most of her peers already have one in their pocket, most likely, she doesn't want to feel left out. At that time, I was planning on getting a car to make it easier for me as I could just drive straight toward my workplace instead of taking so much time waiting for the bus to arrive at the bus stop.

It only required me a couple of months worth of my salary since I had been saving my money for quite a while then. At that time, smartphones were pretty expensive compared to today. Of course it couldn't be compared to a car's price, however, it was still enough to give me a headache for hours. But in the end...

I have said this before but I'll say it again, my highest priority is my little sister. That is all you need to know.

Unlike most spoiled kids, Ayumi didn't mind even if I ended up not getting her a smartphone mind you. It must have been due to mother's teaching that she grew up fine despite me spoiling her so much. I definitely didn't get some scolding from my mother as a result of my spoiling, definitely.

"Ryu-nii! What are you doing here? I thought you were busy with your job? Is it okay for you to be here?"

See? She's more worried about me than herself. Indeed, I might get ruthlessly slaughtered by my boss, but that doesn't matter. What mattered to me is the girl in front of me. To be exact, that dimple smile of hers.

"Guh! Could...you..please!"

"Hmm? Ah, right."

When I heard the rat having trouble with my grip on his shoulder just by looking at the pained expression on his handsome face, I thought that was enough of a lesson for him at the moment as I let go of him. The moment I let my grip off his shoulder, the rat took a few steps back with his forehead covered in sweats as if he had a marathon.