C15 The Curiosity of a Caged Bird

"What?! You're saying this box-like carriage can move faster than our royal mount?! And it didn't even have a mount but tools!" Freya exclaimed with her eyes glittered. Seeing as it wasn't that much of a problem, Enryu didn't hold back the information of his previous world as it won't matter since he didn't know every little detail of them. Even if the thought of inventing some stuff might have crossed her mind by using the information from him as a reference, it would still take many resources and years of effort. Let's say even if she successfully invented one, he couldn't care less about it.

Gods exist in this world after all. In some stereotypes, God would likely intervene if the technology advanced so suddenly. And the result of the said 'intervene' wouldn't be so pretty as well.

"Indeed, it might sound unbelievable to you, but that is the truth," Enryu replied while smoothly ignoring her slip of tongue. Well, he only told her the general idea of the modern world. It was sort of interesting how she reacts to it every time he told her the thing he thought to be normal, but to her it was akin to enlightenment. The pure curiosity in her eyes had long changed into that of excitement, it even affected her supposedly indifferent face which said a lot.

"That's indeed surprising, but again it's a whole new world. There's also this artifact called TV where you can watch people from afar within a small box? How does it work exactly?"

To make it easier for her to understand, Enryu decided to ask her a few questions. Thankfully, there are many amazing artifacts or magic scrolls out there in this world, and one of them can even record a video. The explanation became easier as a result, but that still didn't seem to ease the thirst she had—heck, her curiosity reached the peak.

"Amazing! There are so many incredible things in your world, so much that our world seems pale in comparison!"

"But your world has magic, a power that can make dreams a reality. I'd say that's a plus, but I get where you're coming from."

Just like how the heroes envious of this magical world where one can fly in the sky if they are skilled enough in magic, that didn't mean the latter won't feel the same either. Though they indeed have magic, it isn't a power everyone can wield. Those that could would be granted with status far above that of commoner, but a single mistake can cost even their own life. It is after all a world roaming with dangerous monsters.

If the people of this world learned that the world where heroes came from had long abolished the social class that distinguished between the rich and poor, they would have been dumbfounded for sure. Though some influential still remain to this day, they aren't as influential as they used to be in the past.

Furthermore, there's also the technology of a modern world. If they have such useful tools at a cheap cost in their world, it would make their life much easier. Especially for the commoners. Though the world can simply make do with magic, that isn't the case for those without talent for magic, which is too many to count. There is a magic scroll called 'Message' where every beginner mage was forced to learn as it would be helpful to communicate with each other for a limited range. Yes, it is like a smartphone in this case.

To be able to communicate freely with each other even when the person at the end of the call was at the end of the world, Freya's common sense was flipped upside down upon learning of it. Her small worldview was broadened the very same day. She couldn't help but become excited as if she can't wait any longer to give the invention a test. But just as quickly as it appeared, her emotion also dies down immediately after once she remembers that she was still imprisoned.

Of course this didn't go unnoticed by Enryu but he remained silent. Though a few minutes have passed since both of them had fallen into silence, none of them also seem to not be bothering to open their mouths. However, the silence wasn't awkward but that of serenity. While Enryu was seated calmly on the grass-field to rest, Freya seems to be contemplating about something with her brows furrowed.

'At the start, she was indifferent, but then she became excited because of my story. Now however, she seems depressed about something,' Enryu shook his head before a sigh escaped from his mouth. He couldn't understand what she was thinking that caused the sudden switch of emotions, maybe it's a girl thing that he heard about.

When he first saw her, he wasn't surprised at the fact that she was standing on the branch of a tree. It was her appearance, the beauty that seemed to be out of this world—no, that might be a bit exaggerated, but her beauty was undoubtedly not what one would expect from someone average. If that weren't enough to explain why she isn't normal, then take a look at her postures. The way she positioned her body and attitude so well, despite the weirdness of her standing straight on the branch, it was as if she was telling him that her background wasn't ordinary as he initially thought.

He immediately crossed one of the options of her being the worker of the castle inside his head as he pondered more. Though he didn't want to admit, she might be someone on the same level as the first princess. Maybe she was one of the King's daughters, a second princess? However, that is strange. If she's really the second princess as he thought, why didn't the King or any staff on the castle ever introduce her? If he hadn't met her before this, he would have thought the King only had one daughter, and that is the first princess who, as of lately, had been staying around Isamu.

"I assume you don't have any more questions about my world? Then I'll take my leave as I have a more important business to attend to," Enryu said as he excused himself, but not before bending his head to Freya which the latter takes it with a wry smile. He knew who she was yet he didn't ask nor speak about it. But it is really unfortunate as she would never see him again. As if answering to her thought, she suddenly heard a monotone voice right behind the tree.

"Your Highness, it's about time for you to return."

"...I know."