C16 Talented

"Now then, close your eyes and get yourself comfortable. We should go for an easy one first, a beginner spell. Firstly, control your mana and let it sit on the top of your palm. Don't let it scatter, or you won't be able to conjure the spell without the energy to materialize it."

To control mana within the body is easy once you get the hang of it, however, the difficulty spikes up the moment you let the mana out of your body. It became wild and unrestrained, as if you had released a beast out of the cage. You need to beat and make it submit to you, or the beast(Mana) would only scatter to the surrounding, a total waste. There's actually an easy way to conjure a spell—a normal way by using either chant or rune, but Lisa decided to teach the hero the unorthodox way.

Looking at the man frowning with his eyes closed as the sweat drips down his forehead, Lisa smiles. Back when she first learned how to conjure a spell, this was also how her magic instructor teaches her. To make matters worse, the instructor didn't even leave her any tips like she did to the hero. Though she suffered a lot under her magic instructor's guidance, it was proven that her teaching actually makes the best of one's talent. Without her 'spartan' training, she wouldn't be here teaching the hero after all.

"I...I think I got it."

"...you never cease to amaze me, alright. Then shape that mana to your imagination. For a beginner spell, a fireball will do. Imagine the mana in your grasp turned into a ball of fiery flame, you will know once it's done," Lisa said. For the second steps, imagination is the key. The stronger one's imagination is, the quicker one can conjure their spell. If it took one more than five minutes to materialize their spell, they should stop dreaming of becoming a Great Magus.

At the level of a Great Magus, they can easily conjure a fireball at the snap of their fingers. The destructiveness of the beginner spell conjured by them is also not to be reckoned with. After all, they can easily destroy a mountain or two with just a single spell. They are only few of them in the world but they are undoubtedly an existence that was feared by many, only below that ancient dragon level of threat.

At first, there was no result as it was just a mass of mana floating on top of his palm. But slowly, sparks start to appear from time to time. She was frozen in place, dumbfounded at the scene happening right in front of her eyes. His class is without a doubt a monk, she even double checked it with her Appraisal skill. The monk class she knows surely can wield magic, yes, but it was just to the point that it became useful for their reinforcement effects. They are not by any means a class known for wielding both powerful magic and physical combat.

If anything, a monk isn't exactly a rare class but they were known to be expertise in close-combat, a pretty fearsome one if they also mastered a killing close-combat technique. With fearsome technique and combat experience, they can even slay a young dragon with only their fists. Even a normal class like a warrior can turn someone into a powerful existence if they reached their peak, unfortunately however, it involved talent.

Anyway, what she was trying to say was, normally, a monk shouldn't be able to conjure spells so fast. Even a magician takes a while for them to materialize a spell for the first time. Even for someone as talented as Lisa took a full thirty minutes.

"Im...Impossible!" She muttered in denial. She didn't know how many times the man had surprised her. She just thought it won't happen again, but here he is.

"Fireball," Enryu muttered once he felt the heat from the fireball floating atop his palm. He didn't need to but he thought it would be cool, he simply couldn't resist. He thought to conjure magic it would require chanting, but the fact that he did it without one shows that it is possible to do it chantless. He remembers Ayumi telling him she was supposed to memorize everything one needed to know about magic before moving on to chanting. Judging by the fact that the librarian appeared to be surprised, he should keep his mouth shut of what just happened.

Though he didn't know whether she was surprised because he can do chantless magic, or he conjured the spell too fast. The moment she regained her composure, she coughed as if to erase her previous embarrassment before speaking to him.

"...good job. It seemed you do have a talent for fire magic, however, that didn't mean you will do as well as you did just now for other elements. Having talent for a single element can be considered good already since not many people can become a magician, but to be talented for other elements too? That's as rare as meeting a dragon after leaving your house." She then continues explaining some important details for him in regards to magic. By the time their discussion comes to an end, the moon was already up there in the dark sky.

While he was walking on the hallways toward his room, Enryu couldn't help but think what kind of person the librarian really is. Is she really a librarian? Is it normal for a librarian to have such extensive knowledge about magic? He wouldn't even be surprised if one day she suddenly told him she was actually a magician, a great one at that. He thought it was weird that someone like her was a librarian instead of a magic consultant, she had every right to be in that position in his opinion.

"Maybe she also holds some secrets like me," he murmured. There's a possibility she hides her competent side from the King, but as to why, he didn't know. She could also be a spy from foreign kingdom or empire. Summoning people from another world should be something like a trade secret for the kingdom, so it wouldn't be strange if they would send spies to infiltrate once the foreign kingdoms heard of the news.

The more he thought about it, the more he believed it'd be wiser to get out of this castle as soon as possible. But for now he couldn't, he has to learn everything about combat and magic for as much as he could before starting his plan. Knowledge is important. He knows trouble won't wait for him, but he has to endure it for now.