The Shrap and Virah (2)

Rukmini started looking at Krishna but didn't say anything. Still, Krishna understood what Rukmini needed by looking at her face because Rukmini was his pranpriya. He pressed the land by his thumb of right foot and a small stream of water started coming off the ground

Out of thirst, Devi Rukmini forgot to ask the permission of Rishi Durvasa to drink water.

As she drank the water, Rishi Durvasa saw her, got angry and cursed that she'll be separated from Shri Krishna for twelve years.

Rukmini realised her mistake and accepted the curse. It is also said Rishi Durvasa cursed the land where the stream of water was coming from will get barren and today the temple of Rukmini is built on that barren land.

--

There was not even a single day they didn't think of eachother. Whole Dwarka was deserted. Dwarka lost their Shri for twelve years. Everyday passed in silence.

Rukmini meditated in a forest near Dwarka for these years and Krishna waited for her to come.

They had to get separated in each kalpa for the protection of Dharma. Whether it be Sita Ram, Radha Krishna or Rukmini Krishna.

Since that day they are not worshipped together in Dwarka. This is the reason why Devi Rukmini's temple is outside Dwarka on a barren land.

If you have read the chapter 'The fight' of the book, it is written there that it is also said Rukmi cursed Rukmini she and Krishna would be separated

If you have read the chapter 'The fight' of the book, it is written there that it is also said Rukmi cursed Rukmini she and Krishna would be separated. This curse worked here. But this story has less evidence.

Jay Rukmini Dwarkadhish
_______________________

This was the most heartbreaking chapter indeed. Stay tuned for more updates.