Some facts about Devi Rukmini (2)

There are many Leelas of Devi Rukmini which is still unknown by most of the people. So there are some more facts about Devi Rukmini.

1: Once King Bhishmaka was passing near a river when he saw a box on huge lotus flower. On opening, in the box he saw a baby girl where the box was filled with gold ornaments, gold and many more. 

Suddenly he heard an Aakashvani saying that she was non other than Devi Mahalakshmi herself who incarnated to accompany Shri Vishnu.

Bhishmaka delightfully accepted her as his daughter.

Oh his way back to the Vidarbha palace, Bhishmaka named Devi Rukmini, Ruchirant, Bhishmaki, Vaidarbhi and many more.

2: Her birth place is 'Kondinyapur'.

3: When she was five days old, Mahadev and Mata Gauri came to bless her and they said that she will be the 'Aadhar' of all her devotees.

4: She used to arrange the wedding play of her dolls she loved.

5: Sometimes when she was small, she used to dress up like Shri Krishna.

6: She used to play Veena which was equal to Krishna's flute!

7: Puranas say that Devi Rukmini is eight years younger than Krishna without mentioning why. People though believe she didn't want to interrupt in the bal leelas of Krishna.

This is why Devi Lakshmi decided to take birth sometimes later as when she incarnates, Shri Krishna's kartavya cycle will start.

8: She wrote the first love letter of the world which is read till now in Dwarka infront of Shri Krishna.

9: There are seven shlokas in the letter.

8: To impress Krishna, Narada muni himself sang Rukmini Sahastranaam.

9: Skand Purana's Rukmini Sahastranaam says that she is the teacher of Vedvyas.

10: When she slept, the "Vishnu Vishnu" bol used to come.

11: She was the most beautiful princess in the times of Mahabharata.

12: It is also said that she adored Shyamantaka Mani.

13: The tree of 'Kadamba' is present till now under the shade of which Shri Krishna rested on hisway to Vidarbha (Rukmini Haran)

14: When the 'Prativimba' of Sri Rukmini falls on Sri Krishna, he glows in golden complexion just like Rukmini.

15: It is said she wrote the letter to Krishna when she was sixteen and he was twenty four further adding that he was waiting for the letter of hers impatiently.

16: It is even said she performed Sati when Krishna left. Sati pratha was evil indeed but this step was taken as per her wish as even she had to take the form of Lakshmi again. (Though this can be controversial as I highly doubt sati pratha was even existent during those times..)

Jay Rukmini Dwarkadhish!

_____________________________