The Prem Pariksha

This story will get you when Shri Krishna took Devi Rukmini's prem pariksha!

This incident revolves around the time when Krishna bought Parijat Vriksha.

When Krishna bought Parijat for Satyabhama, he thought Rukmini would also ask for something. But she didn't. She was satisfied with what she had.

But Krishna was naughty since childhood. He had never seen Rukmini's angry face that he had always wanted. He always wanted to find such an occasion.

Once he was walking through the corridors of the palace to find Rukmini. When he reached infront of her kaksha, he saw Rukmini talking to a Dasi. The Dasi said,"Queen Rukmini, you're the luckiest in the whole world. Dwarkadhish Sri Krishna cannot live without you even a single minute."

Rukmini smiling proudly replied, "I'm going now, he will still be looking for me."

Krishna who was listening to the talks doubted if Rukmini was getting egoistic about his love.

This is why he decided to test Rukmini.

One day when Rukmini was in Krishna's roomnfaning for Krishna, he suddenly stood up and said,"You're the most beautiful in the whole world. You're a pativrata. Your love and devotion is matchless. But I do not understand a thing; why did you choose me? I do not have a fixed place or a home to live. I was born in a karagaar. I got the names like Chhaliya and Makhanchor in childhood. I used to steal all the clothes of Gopis. I used to break their pots everyday. I left Yashoda maiya, Nanda baba, Radha, all the gopis and the whole Vrindavana. My memories are left there only by the help of which they're living and here I'm taking the service of my 16,108 wives..
I got so scared of Jarasandha that I crossed a mountain and set up a whole new city away from others. What certainty of mine, I'm here today, tomorrow there."

First time Shri Krishna saw Devi Rukmini's smile fading away.

Hearing these words, Devi Rukmini fell on the ground and fainted on the thought of getting separated from Krishna. She started to realize what Krishna was trying to say; he is Yogeshwar who is present with everyone but doesn't have greed of anyone.

Dasis came and told Krishna as he was busy with his state-related works and not having his meals; all his wives were also not having anything including Rukmini. When asked, they all intook the meal but that meal didn't touch Devi Rukmini properly. 

The Dasis continued saying that the vaidya said the food didn't digest properly when Devi intook the food. Because of this reason she had to bear her hunger but still she didn't tell anyone because Dwarkadhish hadn't eaten anything either.

Then Krishna picked Rukmini up and fed her the food with his own hands as he said he was just joking. He is incomplete without her Shri and hugged her!

 He is incomplete without her Shri and hugged her!

Jay Rukmini Dwarkadhish
Jay Satyabhama Madhav

_____________________
Stay tuned.