(Prologue) A Choice With No Regrets (Part 2)

"Attention, everyone!"

The next day, we were summoned by Commander Keith Saddies. We were lined up according to squads and I lined up with dad's squad just behind dad himself.

"From this day forth, the three of them will fight along with all of you!"

I looked up at front and saw 3 figures standing along with the Commander. I was able to recognize one of them, he had black hair in an undercut curtain and narrow and somehow intimidating dull gray eyes.

He reminded me of the person I met from the Underground when I... Nevermind, that'll be a story for another time. I didn't notice that I was staring too long at the guy and he saw me staring and stared back. My eyes grew slightly and I removed my gaze from him, although I could tell that he must've recognized me too.

"Introduce yourselves!"

None of them spoke. I noticed that he looked at dad but I couldn't see dad's response because I was behind him.

He crossed his arms and said, "My name's Levi." He sounded bored or like he had no other choice but to speak.

Everyone looked as he finally spoke. I noticed Hanji's expression and a few others who were taken by a bit of surprise of how he spoke.

"Levi, the first thing that you need to practice is discipline." The Commander said.

"Next!"

The girl with green eyes and red-brown hair stepped forward.

"I am Isabel Magnolia! Hope we can cooperate!" She said.

Then the guy on the very right with dark blond hair and light gray eyes spoke the last.

"My name's Farlan Church." He said as he raised his left fist to his chest.

"Flagon, the three of them will be joining your squad." The Commander said. I badly wanted to laugh at poor Flagon. He really despises them for being thugs from the Underground, joining his squad and him getting more pissed off will be one epic show. "Watch over them." The Commander ordered.

Flagon had disbelief written on his face as he was now going to be responsible of the 3 people he talked about from yesterday.

"I-in my squad?" He questioned.

"Do you object?" The Commander asked.

"N-no" Flagon replied. Then looked over to dad. "But, why not Erwin?"

"Erwin is in charge of arranging the formation." The Commander responded. "The new members will be your responsibility." He added and it was his final decision on it.

"Understood?"

"Hai! I understand!" He said as he saluted but with a pissed look at the 3 new members of the Regiment, especially at Levi. I looked back to the three of them and saw Levi staring again, I stared for a few seconds then focused straight ahead (which is dad's back 🤦‍♀️).

As we were dismissed, dad ordered us to continue training with the same routines but I was excused because I had a different set from the rest. Today was training for marksmanship. Everyone noticed how much I've never missed a single target so they wanted to test me out on using a different weapon from near-range to long-range, specifically bow & arrow and knives.

I was about to head out to the field but then the girl, Isabel approached me.

"Hi!" She greeted. I saw her and I waved back.

"Isabel, right?" I asked. Her eyes beamed up and said happily, "Wahhh, you remembered my name!"

I smiled and nodded. "Well you are the only girl who was recruited this day."