Chapter 4 - Still Can't See

No one's POV

After Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, and Captain Amaya came to talk to him of how they'll be able to help him out, days passed since then.

The brown haired boy opens his eyes to think that being in the dungeon was just dream, sadly he was still in it and chained. Blinking a couple of times and turned his head slightly to my right and left to see the damn chains.

Meanwhile

"Oi, is there really a titan that has sided with humanity?" A villager asks as he reads the news that happened following the Battle of Trost District. It made headlines all throughout the Walls, especially the inner most wall.

The High Kingdom also receives the news about it through their royal family member Amaya Smith, who assisted her cousin as a mission of Erwin Smith. She tells her cousin on their way to the northern most district of Wall Sina and towards the path up the mountains to where the kingdom stands.

"Tell it to Uncle Regi only, Jay." She says to her brown-haired and brown-eyed cousin and he then nods, "I promise."

"Obviously, it is just a rumor. It's possible the mission to retake our land will fail, and we'll end up with tons of refugees from Wall Rose" One answers the the question of a fellow villager.

Throughout Wall Sina, news and rumors has started to flood people's ears about what really happened in Wall Rose. Some say it was all a hoax to think that everything is safe and avoid chaos. Others didn't take the news of a titan siding of humanity that well, too.

"If that happens, we'll immediately have a food shortage."

"Hey. Maybe that titan is going to join the Rose inhabitants and invade us."

But in the interior of Wall Rose, people were having high hopes for the said titan.

"It's amazing! A titan on our side has appeared!"

"Maybe we can even take back Wall Maria!"

Everyone gathered at the posted news on the recent events.

"You could even say... You could even say he's our savior!" Everyone seems to agree with what a villager from Wall Rose has said.

A hero... A savior...

A carriage passes through Wall Sina carrying the passenger to where the trial was being held.

"A savior, huh?" A man named Nile Dok, Commander of the Military Police, says. "Whatever the era, people are so irresponsible." He added. The Military Police lines up in front of the building as they too talked about the titan.

"He'll probably be a pawn in revolt against the Center." His fellow soldier says.

"Before that happens, we of the Military Police must eliminate Eren Jaeger. We can't let those Survey Corps weirdos have him." Nile says. Moments later he hears carriages approaching and orders his men, "Attention!"

The carriage stops in front of them, as the door opens out came Dhalis Zachary, the Commander of the Three Regiments.

"Salute our commander!"

The man nods in acknowledgement and fixes his collar. "It's hot..." He says.

Erwin's POV

"Commander Pyxis."

I was summoned by the Commander of the Garrison on top of Wall Sina, Stohess District. He was said to be wanting to talk to me regarding the situation happening around Eren Jaeger.

"Don't suppose that some might not approve of the Garrison Commander meeting privately with the commander of the Survey Corps?" I said in a serious tone as we walked around the top of the wall with me behind him.

"Ah, you're as stiff-necked as they say." He pointed out. "Don't worry, I simply happened to run into you during my morning walk." He added. I hummed and he continues to talk, "And we are merely engaging in small talk as I enjoy my walk."

"Are you aware the Military Police now want Eren Jaeger, too?" He asks.

"Yes." I simply answered. "I received a message yesterday. A military tribunal will decide." I added. The Garrison Comm. hums, stopped walking and says, "Zachary has been authorized to decide whether the Survey Corps or Military Police will get him" He tells me.

"Zachary... Commander-in-Chief Dhalis Zachary?" I asked for confirmation.

The same man who helped with my daughter almost 6 years ago after discovering about her power and the Edwards family in keeping everything classified and protected from the public. A few people of authority present that time never wanted someone with 'titan' abilities and were totally against having her within the Walls. The Premier himself tells them off and that the Edwards family once helped the people of the Walls in secret without them knowing and that we owe him and his family a lot more than we thought.

"The man who controls all three military forces: the Military Police, the Garrison, and the Survey Corps. His decisions are based only on one criterion: whether it is good or bad for humanity." He explains.

"Unlike what his decision was for your daughter a few years back, he knows that she, her powers and the High Kingdom are no threat to humanity. But as I've remembered, she wishes to keep it hidden instead." He says.

"Now, if he thinks Eren is a threat, he'll order Eren's execution without a second thought. Right on the spot. I don't want to let Eren die." He says and I looked up a bit surprised. "But sadly, many among the Garrison fear him..." He says as he takes something out of his jacket. Of course, his alcohol.

"All I can do is refuse to cast my lot with the Military Police. Do you think you can win?" He asks me. I looked down and said, "No." as he drinks his alcohol.

But then I looked up with determination and said, "But I'm prepared to make a proposal." He stops and looks over to me. "Whether it works will depend on how the inquiry goes." I added.

"Then you won't know until you're there?" He asks.

"Our mandate is investigation beyond the Walls. So we never know what we'll see till we're there." I said. He started laughing and starts to walk again, I didn't follow. "I guess there is more to you than I thought." He says. He waves his hand goodbye and says, "It's been an excellent walk, Commander Smith. Tell your daughter I said hello." And places his hands behind him again.

Knowing Amaya, she'll be saying something too... If she arrives on time.

No one's POV

"I'm Hanji Zoe, a Survey Corps Section Commander." Hanji introduces herself to Eren, who she along with Miche are escorting heading for the trial. Miche continuously sniffs Eren and Eren feels a bit uncomfortable with the weird quirk this Section Commander has. "He's another Section Commander, Miche Zacharius."

"Um..."

"Ahh, he has the habit of smelling people he's just met." Hanji explains as Miche stopped sniffing Eren and composed himself. The man nods in agreement with a small smirk forming on his face. "And then smirking. I don't it has any real significance. After all, he's good enough that they gave him a squad. I heard from a friend of mine that you knew Amaya Smith. She used to be a squad member of Miche over here then her father's and now she has her own. Cool right?" Hanji adds. Eren was surprised that his favorite older sister was that quick to move up the ranks.

'Maybe he got it from the Commander...' He thought.

"Oh, sorry! Too much chit-chat." Hanji suddenly apologizes making Eren jump in surprise a bit. They arrived in front of two wooden doors. "We're already here." Hanji adds.

'At least someone doesn't act too serious at times.' Eren thought.

"Don't worry. It's actually better not to get any explanation in advance." Hanji says as the two MPs dragged Eren in. "Wait!"

Before Hanji completely closes the doors, she said to Eren with a serious tone, "I know it's selfish, but we have no choice but to blindly trust you. Good luck." And closes the doors.