Chapter 5 - Special Operations Squad

No one's POV

The trial ended as what Erwin have gambled on. The Scouts officially has custody on Eren Jaeger, the young man who's titan powers are to be used on reclaiming Wall Maria. Eren was placed under Captain Levi and Captain Amaya's watchful eyes as Amaya would train him while Hanji will help in experimenting on what Eren can do as he trains. Dhalis Zachary made it clear Eren may have to return back to court depending on his accomplishments done during the mission.

The tribunal may have been successful but Eren ends up with bruises and a lost tooth because of the Captain did yet it made a point that he and Amaya are the only ones who can control Eren if he goes out of control. After the entire trial, Eren was brought to a room to rest. Along with him who entered was the Commander, Hanji, Miche, and Levi. Amaya was excused by the Premier to remain in the courtroom regarding the sudden announcement of her identity, which pissed off a certain captain wanting to just be with Amaya after the missions these past few days.

"That was really terrible." The brunette section commander says to Eren as she attended to his wounds inflicted by the captain from earlier. Eren hisses in pain but tries to bear it. "It hurts, right?" Hanji asks as she dabs a cotton using tweezers to clean the wound. After Hanji removes the cotton, Eren places a cloth on his cheek and replies, "A little."

"So, how does it hurt? Don't worry about it, from experience on Amaya you'll heal up in no time. Although I'm not sure with that tooth of yours. I only experienced Amaya heal up external wounds and somehow internal like her ribs from an expedition days or months ago." Hanji says excitingly as he tells on about stuff they've discovered with Amaya's power.

Miche stood by the window while Levi leans on the wall crossing his arms. Erwin approaches Eren and says, "I'm sorry."

"But thanks to that, we had you turned over to us. Luckily, Amaya got here on time before anything else. You understand right? What both captains said and are capable to do?" He added as he refers to what happened when Levi and Amaya interfered the session that was on-going moments ago.

"Hai." Eren responds as Hanji stood and went beside Erwin. "The pain you endured allowed me to play my cards at the right moment." Erwin explains and then kneels on one knee continuing to speak to Eren. "You have my respect." He says as he raises his hand for Eren to shake. Eren was dumbfounded that the Commander would actually do that. "Eren, I look forward to working with you."

Eren quickly shook the Commander's hand. "Hai! Thank you!" As the two conversed, Levi suddenly approaches Eren and sits beside him, arms were on top of the sofas resting and one leg was over his other leg. The captain looks Eren with his usual stoic face.

"Hey, Eren..." Eren jumped as he was surprised that the captain who he will be under speaks to him. "H-hai?" He responds.

"Do you resent me?" He suddenly asked as he turned a bit to look at Eren and waited for his response. Eren was scared of the captain who was known to be the Humanity's Strongest. He may have idolized him for being in the elite squad of the regiment, but his aura can truly be scary.

"N-no... I understand why it was necessary."

"That's good."

"But you took it a little too far." A voice was then heard from the door. Everyone looked and saw Amaya Smith entering with her green cloak on her arm.

"Although it may have been necessary, you even kicked a tooth out of him." Amaya added as she places her cloak on the arm of the couch beside Levi and approaches Eren to check on other injuries.

"Took you long enough. What did the man tell you?" Levi asks as he eyes his lover who was on Medic Mode on Eren.

"Said that word already came out. It must've been one of the guys who were merchants that were present earlier. Plus he'll write a letter regarding this to Uncle Regi. He is not gonna like this." She explained as she gestures Eren to move his face a bit to the side to assess more of the bruises.